Topic: NOREPLY: DriverPacks install removed "Portable Media Devices" icon in CP?

I assume it had something to do with it anyway, since I haven't connected my Zen Touch to the comp so far since reinstalling DP-integrated XP.

Anyway I can prevent this from happening?  Is it part of the MassStorage package by any chance?  I assume that to be important for RAID installing and such though.

Must add, it shows no icon (just a plain Windows "any file" one) and when double-clicked on, opens up a new explorer window, but nothing is inside it.

Last edited by Bâshrat the Sneaky (2006-06-28 05:34:18)

Re: NOREPLY: DriverPacks install removed "Portable Media Devices" icon in CP?

I STRONGLY doubt that this is related to the DriverPacks in any way. My guess is that it's caused by a certain hotfix?

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

You don't think it could be anything to do with the WMP hotfix, or even the WMP11 beta, surely??? =S

Might have to test anothe reinstallation at some point then and see if the icon appears afterwards.

marzsyndrome wrote:

You don't think it could be anything to do with the WMP hotfix, or even the WMP11 beta, surely??? =S

Might have to test anothe reinstallation at some point then and see if the icon appears afterwards.

That's very probable.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com