Topic: QUESTION: The effect of enabling the QuickStream Cache?

Dear all,

since I´m trying to use the new GUI I was wondering If I have to wait a long time when I click on enable cache streaming? But if I choose disable the streaming nothing seems to happen although. At least nothing happens when I click 'next'. Am I do something wrong or have you discussed before? Please give me a small advice.

By the way - I love the new interface. First try is running at the moment.

Daniel

Last edited by Bâshrat the Sneaky (2006-06-08 07:10:28)

Re: QUESTION: The effect of enabling the QuickStream Cache?

Ususally the whole slipstream process should only take a couple of minutes on a modern system.

I think it's not even 5min for the whole process for me (that is with QSC enabled).

Re: QUESTION: The effect of enabling the QuickStream Cache?

The QuickStream Cache will have an enormous effect on the slipstream time when you're using method 1: the first time it compresses the DriverPacks to the cache, the second time it will only have to copy them from there. That's why it will only take about a minute, perhaps two, to slipstream all the DriverPacks when using method 1.

When using method 2 and QSC, the QSC will only be relevant for DriverPack MassStorage text mode drivers. It will shave off a full minute of the slipstreaming though. Method 2 will then take about 1 minute.

All these numbers are applicable when using ALL (official) DriverPacks.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com