Topic: Multiboot

Can anyone point me towards a guide on doing a multiboot integration?

I regularly create a disk with xp home/pro, oem/retail/upgrade for each. Total of 6, disk created with Siginet's PowerPacker

I've been just manually integrating into each OS on the multiboot disk, but it's cumbersome and doesn't seem to work well

Any help would be appreciated

TheUni

Re: Multiboot

In short:
1) Create settings files for each multibootdisc platform you want to slipstream the drivers into. JUST CREATE THE SETTINGS FILES, DON'T DO THE SLIPSTREAM. Use the "Disc" platform to create these settings files.
2) Then select the root directory of your multibootdisc as the location, add all settings files you've created in the previous step and hit slipstream.

That's it!

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

so i create the disk in powerpacker, then make a settings file for each? for example \root\xoho, \root\xopo, etc...

Then.. choose multiboot mode and pick all 6 of those files?

All that sound about right? And do i need to worry about the folders at the root of the disk? eg. \xoho, \xopo (NOT in \root\) etc.?

Thanks for the quick help

Also, when you say the "root dir" does that mean the main dir that contains the multiboot stuff? Or the actual "root" folder inside of that one? I hope that makes sense...

TheUni

Last edited by theuni (2007-01-08 08:07:24)

Aha you are using PowerPacker.... well in that case you don't have to set up anything manually in the DriverPacks BASE I think. You really should ask in Siginet's forums if it's a PowerPacker question wink

i'm using powerpacker to make the cd, but i integrate using integrator, then use driverpacks base to insert the drivers... I dont actually use powerpacker to insert the drivers (haven't had good luck with it)

How can i use dpbase to slip drivers into an existing powerpacker-created dirstructure?

Thanks
TheUni

theuni wrote:

i'm using powerpacker to make the cd, but i integrate using integrator, then use driverpacks base to insert the drivers... I dont actually use powerpacker to insert the drivers (haven't had good luck with it)

How can i use dpbase to slip drivers into an existing powerpacker-created dirstructure?

Thanks
TheUni

That would still work as I described earlier.