Topic: Making Sense Of All Of This

Ok so I'm gonna try my first custom Windows CD and I have a question regarding the driverpacks. I'm using nlite to add the addons, support unattended setup, tweak windows, etc. I want to add the driverpacks to the Windows cd but I dunno how to use them in tandem with nlite. Some help with that would be very nice.

In addition, I'm confused on what driverpacks I need. I want to put in the nvidia graphics drivers 93.71, the nforce 4 chipset drivers 6.86, and the realtek 3.96 audio drivers. So I know I need the Chipset, Graphics A, and Sound A packs. I dunno whether or not I need the CPU one (I have an AMD 64 3700), the LAN (My internet comes through an ethernet cord to the back of my computer), the WLAN (I'm assuming that means wireless LAN, but I dunno, I don't use wireless anyways), and the mass storage one (no idea what that is).

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by Bobwich III (2006-12-27 22:31:44)

Re: Making Sense Of All Of This

I can't help with the nLite stuff I'm afraid.... but...

1. The CPU pack is for AMD CPUs only, so you probably should.
2. LAN drivers are for ethernet cards, so you should include this also.
3. WLAN is wireless LAN, I'd include it even if it don't need it as re-creating the XP CD takes time.
4. Mass storage are various IDE/SATA controllers that don't have Windows drivers as standard.

My basic thought is you may as well include as much as possible, as you never know down the line when you will need those drivers. You may not have wireless internet now, but what happens if you get one 2 months from now?