Topic: [SOLVED] USB DriverPack

I have used driver detective and it informs me that I need to update my usb drivers but i can not find them anywhere.
Could someone direct me to where they can be found, i have tried the intel site but no luck.

Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D4         Bad Driver     Download Driver
Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24D2         Bad Driver     Download Driver

Intel(R) 82801EB USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 24DD         Bad Driver     Download Driver
Intel(R) 82801EB USB Universal Host Controller - 24DE         Bad Driver     Download Driver

Running xpsp2 on a dell 1100
The present driver version is 6.3.0.1005

Last edited by bill65 (2006-11-12 06:05:50)

Re: [SOLVED] USB DriverPack

bill65 wrote:

I have used driver detective and it informs me that I need to update my usb drivers but i can not find them anywhere.

What do you mean, you need to update them?
Do the USB ports work?
When using Mass Storage devices on USB (USB sticks, memory card reader, external HDD/ODD) is the speed according to what can be expected?

If so, and you do not experience any abnormal behaviour/crashes I would bother searching for any updated drivers.
If you're using WinXP SP2 you should already have the latest ones.

Just a sidenote on these driver utilities:
I'm using an five-years-old Intel board (i850E) and Driver Genius is telling me I need some ULI SB chipset driver...
Yeah right, because there is anything but Intel chips on it.
Don't always believe what these tools are telling you.
For instance, it also wants me to install the latest Intel INF drivers, however, those do not support my chipset anymore (it's been the case for over a year now I think).

Usually, if the manufacturer does not have any newer drivers on their support pages, you are good to use what you have in 90% of all cases.

Exactly!
Most of those tools that are 3rd Party Software just look at the age of the driver. If the driver is a certain age, it will tell you it needs to be updated... even if a newer driver has not been released.

All in all, if the device works... don't mess with it! wink

~Dave

Topic closed.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com