Re: 404 ERROR wile atempting download

Is there no other possibility to download the packs? I stopped all my internet security software, but it don't work!

Hey i have the same famous message. I tried clear of history, offline files and cookies. I used the Internet Explorer 6 and i disabled the Firewall and also the virus scan. Also there is no download manager on the system. I already get the message:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /DriverPacks/DP_Chipset_wnt5_x86-32_6091.7z on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I tried it also with a new installed system and it ends with the same results.

Has anyone another idea???

Last edited by wolfo (2006-11-23 04:47:29)

same problem here 404 eroor

any 1 please help me to download the packs

thank u

HellSun wrote:

thank u

Your range was blocked, unblocked now.

@ the others: your IPs are NOT blocked.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Hi everyone

I have the same problem

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /DriverPacks/DP_Graphics_A_wnt5_x86-32_611.7z on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I use the different computers and the same ISP it still don't work

I try to use IE6 and FireFox 2.0 , it's the same message

What should I do to download the DriverPack and I come from Taiwan using the  ADSL which is dynamic IP

Thanks.

Hi Bashrat i didnt say my IP is blocked but some People having problems with the downloads! We should searching for the solution. Is it possible to check the Browser Options with anyone?

Bâshrat the Sneaky wrote:
HellSun wrote:

thank u

Your range was blocked, unblocked now.

@ the others: your IPs are NOT blocked.

even that i cant download the same problem

sad

Hi @ all. I have the solution for my download problem. By the way i have 2 ISP´s one is T-Online and the other is freenet. If i´m Online with T-Online i got this f....... Message. If i´m Online with freenet the downloads are ready without problems. Are the other online with T-Online???

wolfo wrote:

Are the other online with T-Online???

Yes!
*raises hand*

However, I'm not using their proxy or anything.
Maybe I should and try if that works, huh?

Hi, same problem here, You don't have permission ... blabla.
Why is t-online blocked?

MfG
Janos

Hi

Same Problem here. Error 404...
I'm online with t-online and no way to download the Driverpacks!
With Congster it works!
I'll hope the problem will be fixed!
Sorry for my poor english(I'm German)

Tschau yogi

Ok, I just tried it from my Vista RC2 installation, just to make sure it isn't some misconfiguration with XP (you never know...).
Doesn't work either.
May try later with a Linux Live CD but I have little hope.

Bâshrat the Sneaky, please try to get a workaround for us T-Online users (which is, btw, the largest ISP of Germany).

For the time being, I will just dl the testing DriverPacks (just finished getting the latest ones) and well, start testing on them wink
It's merely a minor inconvenience for me since I'd get the testing DriverPacks anyway, but I can see how big a trouble this must be for the average user!

T-Online isn't blocked. You're all in the 84.* range, which isn't blocked. Some subranges are blocked, but not yours (yours are: 84.131.*, 84.132.* and 84.177.*).

Helmi, if you want you can see the .htaccess file and see for yourself that it *should* work just fine. I'll talk with RogueSpear to try and find the cause.

This is a ridiculous question, but could it be possible that T-Online is blocking HTTP referers? That's the only thing I can think of personally.

All I know is that it had been working fine for over a year and only started when you did some measures to counter DL managers to reduce workload from your host.

This is really the only page giving me those problems and since I can dl all the other packs just fine (I assume they are on the same host, are they), I doubt it's my ISP.

I am DLing a lot of stuff, including many sites that do use HTTP referrers (which will render my DL manager - GetRight - useless unless I enable special referrer options) and I have never had any problems.

So, I doubt it's a general problem with the ISP.
In any case, I can give them a call on Monday to be absolutely sure it's not their problem, however, it would only affect your site, which makes it even more strange.

Since I have not got around to it I will try their proxy right now, maybe that changes anything...

[Posting a new thread because I want to see whether the IP changed]

Lo and behold, using the proxy it seems to be working!
Still doesn't like my DL manager (as expected) but plain ole IE6 gets the goods!

EDIT: As expected, it's showing a different IP (no, I didn't log out or anything).

Either it's indeed some referrer stuff or it must have to do with the IP...

Hey Bashrat sorry but my IP is now 62.224.86.161 and i already get the error message.

Ok, for any of you follow T-Online users, try the following proxy settings:

www-proxy.t-online.de:80
ftp-proxy.t-online.de:80

The latter is not needed I guess, but if you want to use the proxy, at least take the right one wink

Oh, and as a sidenote, using that proxy already gave me a couple of referrer errors on other pages.
This again shows that the problem lies only in conjuction with driverpacks.net
Every other side does NOT like proxies, I guess.

I've removed all banned IP's. If it doesn't work now, then you MUST be either blocking referers or using download managers.

But now I have to rebuild my entire blacklist... sigh

For T-Online users, use the proxy I posted above.
For everyone else, check whether your ISP offers any proxy, try it with that and report back.

It is still strange though, that the referrer would onyl work *through* the proxy and not w/o, while it is exactly the opposite for any other site...

Bâshrat the Sneaky: What kind of DL manager blocker are you using exactly?
Is that anything special, proprietary or just some basic hosting setting?

Helmi wrote:

For T-Online users, use the proxy I posted above.
For everyone else, check whether your ISP offers any proxy, try it with that and report back.

It is still strange though, that the referrer would onyl work *through* the proxy and not w/o, while it is exactly the opposite for any other site...

Bâshrat the Sneaky: What kind of DL manager blocker are you using exactly?
Is that anything special, proprietary or just some basic hosting setting?

I'm blocking all known download managers through a .htaccess file.

Is it STILL not working?