Topic: [PROB] Seagate 320g ST3320620AS and i945P AHCI

Hello!

I use BS` DriverPacks about a year. Always it works best. Thx guys!

I install XP w/ MSDP on my ASUS P5LD2 i945P and Seagate 250g SATA2 NCQ. To use NCQ tech i must use a  special driver that MassStorage DP support (at BIOS i switch to AHCI). And it works GREAT. NCQ working, stability and everything fine. (i use BASE 606, MSS 606 as i remember)

But tomorrow i buy brand new Seagate 320g ST3320620AS Firmware 3.AAC SATA2 w/ New perpendicular recording technology.
30.09.06 I`ve DL up-to-date BASE 6086 and MSSDP 608 and make my UAXPCD with Method 2 and KTD enabled (as i do before).
As test i disconnect all my HDDs, connect only this new HDD and start installing WXP. And.... on the first step then all special drivers loaded and i must see a dialog to create/select partition I see message: In your system XP CANNOT found any HDD. Cannot continue installing. sad

A h*ll! I enter BIOS and HDD perfectly visible in it. But then in BIOS i disable AHCI and set Standart SATA..... ep ... WXP installing normally (XP see HDD and do that they must to do).

As i understand the problem in special driver that must load at F6. Maybe seagate update it to new version to support new series of its HDDs and latest MSSDP 608 dont have it.

Can you help me?

Re: [PROB] Seagate 320g ST3320620AS and i945P AHCI

Yesterday some one else reported the exact same problem. There must be some kind of bug in the Intel drivers (there is no such thing as Seagate drivers, HDD's do not need drivers), then. Let's hope Intel updates its drivers soon!

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Re: [PROB] Seagate 320g ST3320620AS and i945P AHCI

off: Today Fragbert reported same prob during the time that i wright my post smile (It takes about hour because i at my workplace).

Intel come on! Solve it please! smile