Topic: A newbie - complete tutorial for slipstream win 7 + vista available?

Hi there! I've been coming to this site for months, and just recently I finally got a complete driverpack BASE CD created which will load Win XP and install all drivers at once - so cool! Unfortunately, I have been having an incredibly difficult time doing the same thing for Vista or Windows 7. I believe that driverpack BASE just works for Win XP, but I read about the SAD2. Tried making a slipstream with that and didn't work at all.

My (obviously simplistic) questions - thanks in advance for bearing with me! -->

1.) is there a way to create anything like driverpack base for windows 7 and Vista - where you can slipstream driverpacks into a windows boot CD and it will autoinstall all drivers while loading the OS? Have read a lot of conflicting posts on this...

2.) If so, is there a complete tutorial available like for the driverpack BASE that I can use (step by step) so I won't screw it up again - I ended up very confused about this.

3.) If not - is there anything close to this? What is the easiest way to go about doing this? I deal with a lot of Vista and Win 7 machines, and having the drivers autoinstall while loading the OS would be a LIFESAVER.

Thank you for your time in advance!!

Best,
Andrew

Re: A newbie - complete tutorial for slipstream win 7 + vista available?

Welcome to DriverPacks.
You can start by reading the posts in this section.  I have several old scripts which will do just what you ask.
Otherwise, there's WinToolkit which is very nice.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Thank you very much! If it's not too much trouble, can you point the way to a particular thread that provides a walk through in enough detail for a newbie like myself?

Thank you again!

Best,
Andrew

We don't have a tutorial for Win7.
My scripts here are pretty self explanatory and probably the closest you'll get to simplicity.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!