Topic: Vista chipset v12.03 32bit gives me a iusb3hcs.sys error at boot

Tried to integrate the latest drivers into my SP1 ISO. But after the GUI setup installs the OS doesn't boot and just gives me an error (0xc0000098) on a iusb3hcs.sys file. But the strange thing is that these files are located in a Windows 7 folder, but I'm installing Vista. And my computer doesn't have USB 3.0 either.

I checked v12.02 and the Intel USB drivers are not included in that version.

I will have to use v12.02 for now so I can get a good install going.

Last edited by Mr.Tom (2012-03-27 11:49:20)

Re: Vista chipset v12.03 32bit gives me a iusb3hcs.sys error at boot

That driver is WHQL'ed for NT6.1.  VistaSP1???  You did delete the Win7 folder before integration?

Last edited by TechDud (2012-03-27 14:56:11)

TechDud wrote:

That driver is WHQL'ed for NT6.1.  VistaSP1???  You did delete the Win7 folder before integration?

Ack.. I didn't realize I had to manually alter the driver packs. I figured everything would be smart enough to pick and choose the correct driver for the correct OS. Thanks for the help. wink

So once I extract all the driver packs, I should do a search for 'Win7' folders and delete all of them?

Last edited by Mr.Tom (2012-03-28 04:14:27)

Yes.
The packs made in 2012 have the new folder structure which makes the OS selection easy.  For them, there is only one Win7 folder.  Also delete the "Server" folder.

In older packs, you'll have to do some digging because they may be deeply nested.
Tools used for Vista integrations are not "smart enough".

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!