Topic: Overwrite question

I downloaded all the driver-packs and installed them into one directors. There were a lot of files that over-wrote one another. My assumption is that these were the exact same files, as a lot of driver packages include drivers for multiple OSes, thus having them in different locations would be needlessly redundant. Can anyone confirm this? If I want to make an ultimate driver disc for all Windows OSes, do I need to extract all of these packs to their own directories, or will what I've done (extracted them all to one directory and selected

Re: Overwrite question

What you want is SAD2.  No need to decompress the DriverPacks (unless you want to).
Read the "readme.txt"

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

That's nice, but I'd prefer to simply have a large dump of them on a thumb drive. Seems like it would be faster than having to constantly extract the drivers for the target OS every time I want to use it on a client's system.

That's great if you have available space.  SAD2 works that way too.  We call it "Method 1".  Though Method 1 still copies the files to the target system.
From the readme.txt

What goes where?

NT5\x86\
-Method-1: Use DriverPacks BASE to create a Method-1 SAD disc selecting the packs you want to include.  By default, the folder "DriverPacks.net" will be created in C:\.
Copy the contents of that DriverPacks.net folder to this folder so that the folder heirarchy looks like this: \NT5\x86\D\.

NT6\x64\
-Method-1: Extract the contents of all DriverPacks to the NT6\x64\D\ folder so that the folder heirarchy looks like this: \NT6\x64\D\*.  Method 1 will fail if the \NT6\x64\ folder contains any .7z DriverPacks.

NT6\x86\
-Method-1: Extract the contents of all DriverPacks to the NT6\x86\D\ folder so that the folder heirarchy looks like this: \NT6\x86\D\*.  Method 1 will fail if the \NT6\x86\ folder contains any .7z DriverPacks.

Hmmm, I wonder if it'll run directly from the USB drive without copying to the target system first.  <goes off to play with code...>

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Cool, I'll try that. As for space; I've got a shoebox of thumbdrives from various sources and at least a couple of them are 16GB. Shouldn't be a problem.