Topic: [IMPLEMENTED] Proxy Support

Because I'm behind a company proxy/firewall, I can't use the updatecheck/download function. Could you please implement proxy support so I don't have to manualy check for updates every time. The .CMD could be edited by myself to add proxy support.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Bâshrat the Sneaky (2006-07-28 21:13:12)

Re: [IMPLEMENTED] Proxy Support

Shouldn't your proxy handle that automatically? yikes I mean, if you request a webpage you just enter the address. Basically that's what the UpdateChecker does, it requests a simple webpage and gets the content of it. What changes did you make to the .cmd? Since I'm not sure what the exact issue is.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Off topic but there is no refresh button for the updatechecker in 6.07b1

ricktendo64 wrote:

Off topic but there is no refresh button for the updatechecker in 6.07b1

Tried to reproduce and it seems that IS true, but it only happens when no connection is available. Fixed that now. Please post that in the Betas forum next time! Else you're making it very difficult to keep track of things wink

Also submit to the bugtracker please.

Bâshrat the Sneaky wrote:

Shouldn't your proxy handle that automatically? yikes I mean, if you request a webpage you just enter the address. Basically that's what the UpdateChecker does, it requests a simple webpage and gets the content of it. What changes did you make to the .cmd? Since I'm not sure what the exact issue is.

Your proxy has to be set in the browser. Only then everything goes automatically.
http://img.microsoft.com/library/media/1033/technet/images/prodtechnol/ie/reskit/6/part6/ierk2602.gif

My changes to the .cmd was to add the line:
set http_proxy=http://proxy.*****.nl:8080

Last edited by Houz74 (2006-07-28 19:58:46)

So it seems AutoIt supported setting a proxy... Just didn't think about it, and in fact you're the first to complain about it in about 2 months.

Call it a design flaw.

Will be fixed in the next version wink (Submit it at the bugtracker please!)

Thanks. BTW it wasn't a complaint, just a feature request. Been using your packs for some time now and never had a complaint. Reported a HP prtcls.sys error on MSFN june last year, which was quickly corrected by you. So again, no complaints.

Last edited by Houz74 (2006-07-30 04:31:43)

Houz74 wrote:

Thanks. BTW it wasn't a complaint, just a feature request. Been using your packs for some time now and never had a complaint. Reported a HP prtcls.sys error on MSFN june last year, which was quickly corrected by you. So again, no complaints.

Hehe smile Thanks.

What if your proxy asks you for username and password to access the Internet?

TheInstaller wrote:

What if your proxy asks you for username and password to access the Internet?

I will assume that the proxy settings in IE are the correct ones. So I'll just import the proxy settings of IE and then everything should work fine!

Implemented in 6.09.