Topic: [CLSD] Misc - Handheld Hotsync drivers (64-bit only)

Aceeca has WHQL drivers (Win-All?) for a wide variety of HW here --> note:  link removed, due to sheer stupidity!
  troubleshooting doc --> http://www.aceeca.com/products/pub/engl … 64-bit.pdf big_smile

supports:

MANUFACTURER_PALMSOURCE        = "Access, Inc."
MANUFACTURER_PALM            = "Palm, Inc."
MANUFACTURER_HANDSPRING        = "Handspring, Inc."
MANUFACTURER_SONY            = "Sony, Corp."
MANUFACTURER_KYOCERA        = "Kyocera, Corp."
MANUFACTURER_ALPHASMART        = "AlphaSmart, Inc."
MANUFACTURER_ACER            = "Acer, Inc."
MANUFACTURER_LEGEND        = "Legend Holding, Ltd."
MANUFACTURER_SAMSUNG        = "Samsung."
MANUFACTURER_GARMIN        = "Garmin, Ltd."
MANUFACTURER_GSPDA        = "Group Sense PDA Ltd."
MANUFACTURER_FOSSIL        = "Fossil, Inc."
MANUFACTURER_ACEECA        = "Aceeca International"

PALMSOURCE_DEVICES_1        = "Handheld Access"
PALM_DEVICES_0001        = "Handheld Palm"
RESERVED_DEVICE_ID_1        = "Handheld Palm"
VISOR_DEVICE_ID_100        = "Handheld Handspring"
CLIE_DEVICE_ID_01        = "Handheld Sony"
KYOCERA_DEVICES            = "Handheld Kyocera"
ALPHASMART_DEVICES        = "Handheld AlphaSmart"
ACER_DEVICE_ID_01        = "Handheld Acer"
LEGEND_DEVICE_ID_01        = "Handheld Legend"
SAMSUNG_DEVICE_ID_01        = "Handheld Samsung"
GARMIN_DEVICE_ID_01        = "Handheld Garmin"
GSPDA_DEVICE_ID_01        = "Handheld GSPDA"
FOSSIL_DEVICES_0002        = "Fossil Wrist PDA"
MEAZURA_DEVICES            = "Handheld Aceeca"

Refer to this page from aceeca concerning hotsync SW:  http://www.aceeca.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366 big_smile
I have a hotsync cable with one of the devID's listed.  I will test with XP & a loopback device, & then report. hmm

Last edited by TechDud (2011-05-29 16:33:50)

Re: [CLSD] Misc - Handheld Hotsync drivers (64-bit only)

Moved to Third Party DriverPacks.  This request is definitely not for DriverPack Chipset.  Maybe the "misc" Third Party DriverPack.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

this didn't work for me on xp at all.  'Windows could not load the driver for ACEECA Handheld Devices'.  It appears the CLASS wasn't what i'd hoped for (Windows didn't like the CLASS, either).  I was hoping for updated USB to Serial drivers (CLASS:Ports), hence the mistaken request to include in Chipset.

Wowsers, this driver was a real botch-job on XP.  I have a 'ACEECA Handheld Device' Class in Device Manager with a greyed-out 'USB Serial Adaptor'  I cannot remove this device.  Windows complains 'Windows fails to uninstall the device.  The device may be required to boot the computer.'
I have found references to it in HKLM/System/ControlSet001/Enum/USB, HKLM/System/ControlSet002/Enum/USB, & HKLM/System/CurrentControlSet/Enum/USB.

DO NOT install this particular driver on XP!

Last edited by TechDud (2011-05-29 08:08:47)

Botch job, indeed.  I have a new-found respect for the DriverPack's testers.

I could not remove the ghost-driver from the Device Manager, nor could i remove the VID_0800&DEV_0080 references from the registry (LogConf key wouldn't budge, even in 'Safe-Mode').  So i decided to try removing the Class references instead.  That was not my first monumental mistake.  Brazenly neglecting to enable System Restore, nor exporting the keys i deleted really complicated issues.

Serendipitously, i have discovered a way to make Safe-Mode PERMANENT.  At least i was able to change this slightly, and make Safe-Mode with Networking permanent.  Unfortunately, even though i could possibly connect to my network, half of the services don't enumerate anymore.  I don't relish the idea of internet without firewall, antivirus, etc.  The ghost driver is gone, though. big_smile  I tried rebuilding the keys from scratch, using the 'inf' file as a guide, this did not improve matters.

I was hoping for a flawless victory, yet now i'm eating humble-pie.  sad

If i ever get the idea into my head that a 64-bit driver should work in XP, i'll remember this eXPerience.

Last edited by TechDud (2011-05-29 16:50:32)