Topic: Hello All Need Some help

hai i newbie

i download all driver pack on this page but i duno how to use and i already all post but i duno what they say...
ok here is my question

1:do i need extractt?extract whatever i want?
2:how to use?

thx

edit:sry for my bad english

Last edited by Larce (2006-09-18 02:13:10)

Re: Hello All Need Some help

Check this thread (http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=578), please.

thx for reply

ok thx for that thread but i still can,t understand....

so how my windows xp auto detect all driver pack without disk?

i mean like can i download all driverpack then just let windows search my driver automatically?

EDIT:ok i think i make it but have,t yet because duno what i need to put on volume label..

Last edited by Larce (2006-09-18 22:02:13)

Larce wrote:

i mean like can i download all driverpack then just let windows search my driver automatically?

Basically, that's how it works.
You use this tool (the BASE) to integrate ("slipstream") the drivers into your XPCD (which has to be copied to your HDD first, as you cannot write on the CD wink) and when that is done, Windows will treat those drivers the same way as those already supplied on your disc.
So, you only update them, so to speak.

It works all automatically and unless there's a bug, it will install all those drivers without further ado during XP installation, no user input required!

thx again

ok i think  i success put all driver pack on to my windows xp folder and now try to covert to iso but i duno what i need to put on volume label..so do i need to put any thing on volume label?

EDIT:ok it work i format my computer and reinstall and it will detect all driver but space use about 3.5gb..

so can i delete driver pack on my c drive?few question how to  add some app to my windows xp cd?like messenger anti virus,microsoft office etc..

Last edited by Larce (2006-09-19 00:10:41)

Larce wrote:

thx again

ok i think  i success put all driver pack on to my windows xp folder and now try to covert to iso but i duno what i need to put on volume label..so do i need to put any thing on volume label?

Anything you want, really.
It doesn't matter, however, I would not use any non-alphabet symbols or leave it blank for compatibility.

EDIT:ok it work i format my computer and reinstall and it will detect all driver but space use about 3.5gb..

The price you'll have to pay...
Or you could do without KTD, that will use over 1GB less space.

so can i delete driver pack on my c drive?

If they are still on your HDD, youcan of course delete them once you slipstreamed them into a CD.
Other than that, using KTD, drivers will get stored to %systemroot%\driverpacks.
You could, of course delete them from there, however IDK whether that could cause an error should new hardware get found some day...

few question how to  add some app to my windows xp cd?like messenger anti virus,microsoft office etc..

That's the wrong forum for this kind of stuff, may I hand you over to http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/ as they deal exactly with this kind of stuff?

Helmi wrote:

If they are still on your HDD, youcan of course delete them once you slipstreamed them into a CD.
Other than that, using KTD, drivers will get stored to %systemroot%\driverpacks.
You could, of course delete them from there, however IDK whether that could cause an error should new hardware get found some day...

ic..how about if i manual update my driver wll get any error or crash my windows?