Topic: [ALREADY IMPLEMENTED] Use HKLM instead of HKCU RunOnce

How could i understand deleting of the folder 'C:\D' on the next restart is put on the HKCU. Is it possible to put this record on the HKLM ? smile

Re: [ALREADY IMPLEMENTED] Use HKLM instead of HKCU RunOnce

Copy and paste in a text file and name the file with .reg extension

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce]
"1"="start /wait RD C:\D /S /Q"

Try maybe it works smile

Ah you must restart pc for deleting the folder smile

Last edited by S3pHiroTh (2006-09-09 02:48:06)

I'm alreadying doing that! wink

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

S3pHiroTh wrote:

yeah but this thing had to be done after restart (in log i find some records about deleting DP catalog after restart, but after that catalog 'D' was in its original place)
imho problem is - i login into system with different name than the system was installed wink

Last edited by laura (2006-09-11 23:56:35)

laura wrote:
S3pHiroTh wrote:

yeah but this thing had to be done after restart (in log i find some records about deleting DP catalog after restart, but after that catalog 'D' was in its original place)
imho problem is - i login into system with different name than the system was installed wink

But I am already adding it to the HKLM, not to the HKCU. So are you sure the registry entries aren't deleted by WPI for example? Or some script of your own?

I think there is problem with windows installation. Your script adding deleting action to HKLM. But it running before user logon. And then user is logged on and roe.exe is completed (rd /q /s c:\d is added to HKLM smile) the runonce is running (not on the second boot, just after roe.exe and logon on to the system). So i think some files still locked and C:\D stay in its place smile

ROE.exe is only used during cmdlines.txt to start the Finisher. The command for the removal of the %SystemDrive%\D directory is added to the registry by the DriverPacks Finisher. So it's NOT running before user logon. It's added DURING the first user logon, just before the DriverPacks Finisher has finished.
Please post your DPsFnshr.log so I can see why %SystemDrive%\D isn't deleted by the DriverPacks Finisher itself (i.e. what exception is still locking some files.)

it is immposible (to post DPsFnshr.log) because i do not have that buggy laptop anymore and did not make a copy of log file wink
i vote for closing this topic wink

laura wrote:

it is immposible (to post DPsFnshr.log) because i do not have that buggy laptop anymore and did not make a copy of log file wink
i vote for closing this topic wink

Kind of an odd problem, but if you ask to close it because it's somehow solved, then I'll do so. Topic closed.