Topic: update checker not working?

When I try to use update checker on any version for drivers for xp pro sp3 the files come back as unavailable.
What am I doing wrong?

Re: update checker not working?

juicer wrote:

When I try to use update checker on any version for drivers for xp pro sp3 the files come back as unavailable.
What am I doing wrong?

Read the 'News' page.

Wim Leers wrote:

And finally, we need to look into ways to generate more income, to be able to continue running this project. A first and obvious step, is to cease the ability to download/update the Windows 2000/XP/2003 DriverPacks from within the DriverPacks BASE for free. In the first phase, the downloads will stop working, thereby increasing our number of visitors. In the second phase, we are considering to offer users the ability to pay for the comfort of downloading/updating from within DriverPacks BASE. Users who want this would then support us financially. And those who don't really need this (and don't want to or can't support us), can still download the DriverPacks from the website.!

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Thanks Mr. S.
Never used the service before today. Seems like I missed the boat by 2 weeks. DRATS!
Not sure how stopping the downloads will increase the number of visitors as suggested by Leers.
So I am at a loss here as to how to proceed. I don't see a pay to play option on the site. I am stuck not be able to reinstall Win XP Pro on a laptop I got from work. I thought I could just use a multilicense copy I own and reinstall on the buggy machine but the copy is a early version of XPPro and install stops. I was hoping slipstreaming would help but now what?

You can still download the DriverPacks by clicking the "Downloads" menu at the top of the main site. wink

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll check back in once I advance a little further up the learning curve.