Topic: printer drivers etc etc

Dear Forum members
I am a new member of this forum and very naive as to driverpacks etc. I have windows xp professional.
I wish to ask some advice please.
I note there are a bewildering number of downloads for windows xp. should I integrate EVERY download into a windows set up disk?
eg I notice there is graphics A as well as graphics B. Which should I use, or should I use both.

Also, I notice there are no driver categories for printer drivers. As my windows xp disk is a few years old now, many new printers have been released since the disk came out. Is there a driver packs download for upto date printer drivers so that I can make a windows installation that can install any printer on including recent printer.
Your kind help in this matter would be appreciated

Also I wish to slipstream sp3 into the disk.(i already have this downloaded. ) I would like to ask in this regard _ is there a place I can download as well the latest updates and hotfixes in one driver pack ready for slipstreaming into the windows xp

Also, if newly updated windows xp setup disk becomes too large for a compact disk, does this mean that I can put it on a dvd instead. My concern is - if I am installing windows from the disk and the disk is a dvd disk not a cd disk, will the computer load the dvd just the same as if it were a cd.

I know I have asked a lot of questions but if anyone can help I would be grateful
Ian

Re: printer drivers etc etc

You can integrate all the main DriverPacks without problems.  If you integrate any Third Party DriverPacks, keep them to an absolute minimum.  There's a known limitation with XP where a filepath limit is exceeded if all the main DriverPacks are used with all the Third Party DriverPacks.  Once XP is installed with the main DriverPacks, you can get the rest of the drivers by building a SAD disc with whatever Third Party DriverPacks you wish.
http://www.ryanvm.net/msfn/ is the best place to look for update packs.  I prefer the one built by User_Hidden, but there are others.  Choose wisely!
I haven't made a CD in a long time.  I only use DVD-R now.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Actually, a MUCH BETTER place to look for update packs is here:

http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=5

Updates for XP, 2000, 2003, Vista and Win7 are there. It's where I go every week or so to be certain I have the latest and greatest.

That's how it works for me, and your mileage may vary.

Greetings from sultry Atlanta, GA.

MARK STRELECKI

Last edited by markstrelecki (2010-07-30 08:51:42)

How can i Share my Printer to another system...
That's enough spam for now...
Plus, we aren't a dummy board.
If you do not know basic OS functionality such as sharing a printer in a network (duh, F1 helps...), then you are totally wrong here anyway...

Last edited by Helmi (2010-08-10 00:57:31)

Well, due to the Windows Xp you can easily find out inbuilt driver set up in the OS. Another thing is that you can also installed the printer set up by its CD which helpful to comfort and original software installation.