Topic: [SOLVED] Bluescreen with SISAGPX.sys on Windows 2000

Hello all!

I'm wondering if DriverPacks is designed for Windows 2000 too? Allthough the Website says 'yes', I'm not sure - I think DriverPacks is only designed for Windows XP and if it runs with Win2000, you're just lucky.

I got a Bluescreen on bootup caused by SISAGPX.sys in ChipsetPack (DP_Chipset_wnt5_x86-32_608.7z\D\C\S):

STOP: 0x000000CE(0xF2030000,0x00000000,0x80531969,0x00000000)
DRIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELLING_PENDING_OPERATIONS

The following driver most likely caused this error: (Translated as I use german version of Win2k)
*** Address F2030000 base at F2030000, DateStamp 00000000 - SYSAGPX.sys
*** Address 80531969 base at F804D7000, DateStamp 44925809 - ntoskrnl.exe

Even when booting in secured mode, I get a Bluecreen with the following error:
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

I did some research now and noticed that this SISAGPX.sys in Chipset DriverPack is only the Windows XP version
and it seems that it does not work with Win 2000!

OK, i could replace this driver with the 2k version, and most probably it will work for this set of hardware but I'm afraid, if DriverPacks is primary designed having WinXP in mind that on another hardware set some other XP driver could cause errors with w2k.

I'm not very good with all those drivers things so basically I just want to know if this is just a bug or is often with win2k?

And if it's a bug - can I fix it when I put also the win2k version of the driver in the Chipset Pack?
(like in DP_Chipset_wnt5_x86-32_608.7z\D\C\V)??

Ben

Re: [SOLVED] Bluescreen with SISAGPX.sys on Windows 2000

Well Ben, I did not support in the past because some parts of the slipstreaming process are slightly different. And handling all of that through batch files is a true PITA. That's why I said "Windows 2000 is not officially supported. The End.".
But the truth is that at least 95% of the included drivers also works for Windows 2000. So it'd be dumb to not support it. The downside is that occasionally these flaws reach the surface. "Occasionally", because few people actually use Windows 2000. If there were more, this error would have been reported months ago.
But the problem is obviously fixable. It'll be fixed in the next update of DriverPack Chipset!

And yes, you can just include the Windows 2000 driver for the SIS AGP controller and it'll work fine! wink

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Hey Bâshrat, thank you for your fast reply!

I'll try it now with the w2k driver included... yes I should switch to winXP, but I did not try yet ... never change a running system wink

Thank you for your work, it makes thinks damn easy smile
Just a pity that I run 2k ...

You were right. The SiS driver is VERY confusing though: there are directories for Windows 2000, XP and Server 2003 (and some others too), but they all have the same filenames! Just on a sidenote...

Fixed in 6.09!

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com