Topic: simple process plan (see if i get it right)

Hi gang,

I posted once here long long time ago whilst trying to universal image -- i didnt succeed, got bummed but now im back giving it another shot.

What ive done so far is create a virutalised XP sp3 client on my xen server, downloaded the latest driver packs to another computer, extracted the packs.

What i do next is where i get lost somwhat. I know i need to:

1) Go to my current differing models of client computers and find out what drivers they have/need (including mass storage)
2) See if the drivepacks have these drives
3) Copy these drivers to the virutal XP image and Inject these drivers into the sysprep/finalization process of my virtual image

Im run into problems with stage one. I go to my client computers, a mix of HP models, and i run the findHWID.exe app which *i believe* should run against my extracted driverpack repository and, when appropriate ticks are checked, populate my sysprep.inf which the drivers locations required for that model of computer. Am i right in my understanding here?

In my resulting hwids.csv it shows some data i dont understand so much. I can acertain that there are "few" devices there, but i dont see things like LAN card (intel gigabit 82566DM-2) or video card (Intel q33 express chipset). There are a few chipset (class=system) and masssorage (class=hdc, these are duplicated aswell). Across differing models i get some slight variations but no drivers ever originate from anything other then "D\C" and "D\M"

Should I be seeing anything other than these entries? Am i doing things in the right procedure with the right utility?

Thanks for any direction.

Re: simple process plan (see if i get it right)

sorry ... but bump

Re: simple process plan (see if i get it right)

http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=4030