Topic: SOLVED BUG #45: UpdateChecker Issue/Crash

The 'Updates Checker' feature of DriverPacks BASE seems to lock the entire program when trying to check for updates. I would assume because the completed site isn't fully functional, which is fine, but it would be nice to have some sort of timeout on it so it doesn't crash if the page isnt fully functional.

Last edited by Bâshrat the Sneaky (2006-05-30 05:53:22)

Re: SOLVED BUG #45: UpdateChecker Issue/Crash

Eh... You're the first one to report this! It should work just fine. My guess is that it isn't able to verify the list of updates and therefore is stuck in an endless loop. I'll fix that.

Please submit this at the bugtracker.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Reported.

Solved.

Nice, thanks for adding the timeout.
I have confirmed that my system sux, and my original issue is something with my computer... i dont know though.
(    time for a format soon wink    ) I tested on my laptop with no issue. smile

I have another request, maybe the timeout could kick the user back to the 'Welcome' of the GUI, otherwise it gets caught in a loop of trying to check for updates, failing, then goes back to trying to update, causing a crash. (stupid windoze!)

again, no rush or urgency, just refining the code wink

EDIT: FYI dont know what exactly what is causing it, but I created a new XP User Profile and the Update feature works there just fine. *sigh* now I have to find out what is different/corrupt between the profiles..... Any quick tips 2 fix it B4 I hit it with a hammer?! tongue hehe

Last edited by twig123 (2006-05-31 14:54:39)

My guess is that it wasn't updated properly on that one account.

There's no more endless loop, so I don't see the point of redirecting to the Welcome page...