Topic: Toshiba Satellite P105-S9337 downgraded from Vista to XP

Urgh!
I picked this system up with Vista already installed. I've since installed XP Pro Media Edition because of system slowdown with other programs. I tried anticipating the drivers I would require for the various components (bluetooth, speakers, DVD, etc) with varying degrees of luck.
The items I haven't been able to recover are:
HD speakers
Ethernet controller (which I've overcome by working on a wireless router)
SM Bus Controller
I've tried suggestions posted by other folks who've had similar issues (http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=1387 to name one) and had zero luck.
What I do know about my system that might help is that it's now identical to the P105-S9722 (due to the operating system downgrade).
I won't denegrade myself and call the 'experts' at Toshiba.
If anybody is willing/able to give me some suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. My main concern at this point is recovering the sound, but if you have suggestions/assistance for the other items, that would be magnificent.
Piet

Re: Toshiba Satellite P105-S9337 downgraded from Vista to XP

If Toshiba offers the Vista->XP downgrade option, then the drivers you need are provided by Toshiba.
Many times, the Vista drivers that come with the system restore discs are XP/Vista compatible.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Great suggestion, I didn't think to look for that. Will take a peek at Toshiba.
Thanks much.
Piet

I've found drivers for the SMBus to be included with the Intel chipset installation, downloaded from the Intel website.

Hey, I like to use and want to use DriverPacks for everything, but sometimes my "detective half" takes over and I just go huntin'.....

<grin>

Best wishes from a thawing Atlanta, GA.