Topic: [SUGGESTION] Board change?

Hey guys just a thought but since there are some heavy chages be talked about like the site logo and such then why not move over to something like VBulletin to put the board on? A lot of folks are more familiar with this type of board. Any thoughts on this one.

Stoner.

Re: [SUGGESTION] Board change?

Is VBulletin free?
I doubt we're willing to shell out some money for something we don't really need (this one does get its job done quite well, IMO).
Plus, there would always be the problem of database conversion.
Losing all the previous posts and accumulated knowledge is not an option in my book so unless that's transferable to 100% it's a no go.
We already had to make a cut when we moved here from MSFN.
Don't really like fora resets mself...

In what regard do you feel unfamiliar with this board and what advantages would changing to one you are familiar with bring about?
So far, there haven't been any complaints from other users and I doubt VB is the one everyone knows...

I suggest reading up on this (http://forum.driverpacks.net/help.php) to accustom yourself a bit more!

VB is not free but phpBB is and works in a very similar way to VB but not really used that as much. The conversion bit like you say is a pain in the butt just a thought though.

Conversion is a pain in the butt indeed. Plus, PunBB is very simple and much faster than vBulletin. It'd still be fast enough, so conversion is the real showstopper.
What features are you missing?

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Wim Leers wrote:

Conversion is a pain in the butt indeed. Plus, PunBB is very simple and much faster than vBulletin. It'd still be fast enough, so conversion is the real showstopper.
What features are you missing?

Not missing aything (as far as i know) i put the suggestion in due to the other couple of threads about a new logo for the site and icon for the site. So i thought it might be worth suggesting it (thinking outside the box a little) so no worries big_smile

Stoner.

Yeah, we like suggestions, always.
Please keep 'em coming!

We just can't and won't make use of everything, so please don't be sad, ok. smile