Topic: Updating DriverPacks

A few months ago I created a disc using M2 with the current version of the Base (805).

Is it possible to update my disc with the current graphics DP's by just deleting the old ones and copying the new ones to the OEM dir (obviously renaming them 8.3)?

Considering I'm using M2 and the same Base I can't see a problem with this but I thought I'd check!

Thanks.

Re: Updating DriverPacks

Absolutely. smile
That's exactly what you should do.  Just don't forget to remove your old DriverPacks first.
Also, if you've integrated textmode mass storage drivers, you'll need to run DriverPacks BASE on your source with NOTHING checked to remove all traces of previous DriverPacks.  This effectively 'uninstalls' the DriverPacks from your source.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

You could do that, but you could also re-run BASE again and have it do the task for you.
It will automatically detect it's been slipstreamed before, undo any changes and re-slipstream the new packs.

It's just as easy as slipstreaming into a virgin source, really!

BTW: The next version of BASE will feature a new option that lets you easily create a driver update disc that enables you to update drivers within your current Win installation (so no reinstall required).
Stay tuned for this and other great features smile

EDIT: D'Oh, beaten by Erik! wink

Thanks guys.

I don't use the mass storage pack and I don't need to update anything else so just updating the three graphics archives (A, B and C) is gonna save me some time.