Topic: WinPE with Driver Packs

Hello everyone!

I'm kinda new at this stuff, and I want to know if there is a possibility to put the driverpacks in a already build WinPE boot CD.

Because I have a WinPE boot CD and it's not detecting my SATA HDD and my Ethernet Adapter (Attansic L1 Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T Controller).

Is there anyway to do that? or do I have to create a new WinPE CD and inout the drivers with it?

Hope to hear from people!

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Re: WinPE with Driver Packs

Hi,
welcome to DriverPacks.

the main page has a news page, and the latest release candidate for the stream util ( DriverPacks BASE ) has been wanting to do what you want.

UBCD4Win and Bart_PE plug in builder have been improved, but... DriverPack MassStorage betas have not (not yet ) been extensively proofed and found to be always good for PE type installs.
(had that happened, it had been a proven release at UBCD4win.)

DriverPack MassStorage as we have it on release was not bad, but it is kinda old now?
JakeLD (whom looks at PE/prep/UBCD4win/-single-machine-disc improvements.. and its conflicts.. ) has been updating DriverPack MassStorage in testing forum, and your hardware is unknown to us.
I suggest you hang on, and you give us some more detail about your hardware.

For what it is worth, I would keep the old.
Build a new PE style DVD (ubcd4win or PE with the latest DriverPack MassStorage build to update its plugin by DriverPacks).
There are recent testpacks for you to try, but I would first look at Jeff's tute (a link in his an my signature), and then cruise the forum for the improvements on DriverPack MassStorage.. The hardware you have could be easy as fudge, or part of an easy upgrade we missed, or a hard nut we are trying to crack.

We have over 150.000 unique HWIDS covered, and five nuts.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.