Topic: Page fault in nonpaged area caused by setupdd.sys

Hello,

I created a slipstream XP installation disk including both all the "standard" Driver Packs and the 3rd Party ones. When I reach about 99% percent of the installation I got a "Page fault in nonpaged area caused by setupdd.sys" error message. The error doesn't occur when using a disk with only the standard Driver Packs included. Does anybody know what the problem could be due?

Last edited by krige (2008-06-03 17:28:31)

Re: Page fault in nonpaged area caused by setupdd.sys

Best idea would be to search for this file within the 3rd party DriverPack in order to find out which pack is affected.
We could then see which driver it is and maybe replace it by a newer or proper version.

Anyway, I am always using all 3pdps and I have never had this occurance before.

It could be linked to your HW somehow.

Thanks Helmi. In the end I found out the problem was due to the fact that I used nLite to integrate the drivers. When I used DriverPacks BASE I didn't get that error and everything worked fine.

Roger that.
The DriverPacks are designed to only work with BASE.
It may work by extracting the 7-zip archive and using other methods, but that is not supported (and can hence lead to problems of unknown dimensions).
From what I have heared of other users, using all packs except for MassStorage (because of TextMode) works fine in nLite - however, you will miss all the exceptions the Finisher provides.