Topic: 3ware 7000/8000 Series ATA RAID Controller missing from MassStorage??

Hello all,

I am new to DriverPacks. I am really impressed with the effort put into this, thank you so much for the work.

In my initial testing of the MassStorage pack on a test system I found that it doesnt load any of the 3ware drivers, upon checking the txtsetup.sif file, I found that all of the 3ware directives are commented out. Not only this, but it is missing the configuration for the 3ware 7000/8000 series controller.  The D/M/3/2 contains only a 2.ex_ cab file, nothing else.  The version I have is 7.09 and it lists the card in the release, so I am not sure if this is a bug in the pack or my mistake in finding the configuration.

Thanks,

Eric

Re: 3ware 7000/8000 Series ATA RAID Controller missing from MassStorage??

Hi
welcome to DriverPacks

this is in that 2.exe (a self extracting file)

[3-2]
; Disabled! driver conflicts with the Silicon Image 3112r and Silicon Image 3132 drivers.
; if you need this, unzip, disable [S-5] [S-5-A] [S-B] and [S-C] and enable this section
; ( to enable, change ms_count=0 to ms_count=1  )
ms_count=0
ms_1_deviceName="AMCC 3ware 7000/8000 Series ATA RAID Controller"
ms_1_tag="3ware78k"
ms_1_sysFile="3wDrv100.sys"
ms_1_hwids="PCI\VEN_13C1&DEV_1001"
ms_1_isBusExtender=false
ms_1_exc_disableIfOS="w2k"

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Hi Jaak,

Thanks for the reply, I had also extracted the CAB file and found the for_INI.txt, but wasnt sure what to do with it. When I am "disabling" the 3112 Silicon controllers in the txtsetup.sif file they still are loading in the txtmode setup, and after I set ms_count=1 in the for_INI.txt file it still doesnt seem to load the 3ware drivers.

I should also state that I am not entirely familiar with Windows installations, as I am using an unattended file along with the installation. What files do I have to edit to disabled teh SI3112, etc and enable the 3ware?

Thanks,

Eric

Can someone post step by step instructions on how to make the changes required to disable Silicon Image drivers and enable the 3ware drivers for this card?  I am not an IT guy and I am not sure that I understand exactly how this is done.
Thanks

Dont use the masstorage pack.
download the drivers directly from 3Ware and use nLite to integrate the drivers.
That is what I do for my controller.

hi
this particular driver you saw above is no longer in the pack.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.