Topic: [SOLVED] Can't download the driverpacks

Is there some kind of problem with the download server, because I get only time outs when downloading the driverpack. The only packs that works are the base and the chipset.

I just saw that the problems are solved and I can donwload it again

Last edited by DyArt (2006-07-31 06:09:32)

Re: [SOLVED] Can't download the driverpacks

Probably it was some kind of software update that one of the download servers was having. If it still were down, I would have been flooded by people asking why it was down tongue

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Since yesterday I try to download the driverpacks, but I could only download the Base and some 3rd-party ones.
All others give me the answer, for example:

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /DriverPacks/DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_608.7z on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Since I don't see anyone complaining about same issue, maybe, I do something wrong?

Last edited by -= Mancubus =- (2006-08-16 21:30:06)

Your IP was blocked. Unblocked it now.

Are you behind a proxy or are you using a school network or something? Your IP showed an excessive amount of download requests, so I had blocked it.

Yes, I am behind a proxy. Don't know why, though, it happened that there was such situation with those requests. Maybe, my download manager made them, because it requests file size before downloading and I added all packsin it in a couple of minutes.

Thank you for re-enabling downloads for me!

Hi, sorry to bother you, but i have the same problem since july and just saw this thread. I can only download the driverpack base, i think my download manager was the problem with too many connection.
I actually disable it but the problem still remain.
Sorry for the excessive connection

What can i do for be able to download the driverpack again?

Thx for the amazing work and sorry for my english

D@rshfX wrote:

Hi, sorry to bother you, but i have the same problem since july and just saw this thread. I can only download the driverpack base, i think my download manager was the problem with too many connection.
I actually disable it but the problem still remain.
Sorry for the excessive connection

What can i do for be able to download the driverpack again?

Thx for the amazing work and sorry for my english

Your IP was blocked too. Unblocked it now.

Your IP also showed a truly excessive amount of download requests. Please shift to another download accelerator. 5 simultaneous download requests won't hurt, but >20 is painful.

I am unable to access www.thesneaky.com as well, so I can't download any driver packs. [edit] The problem seems to have resolved itself. Everything is working fine. smile [edit] No, it's not working for me again. Perhaps the webserver is having issues at the moment. I will try again later.

Last edited by jshanley (2006-11-05 08:11:42)

jshanley wrote:

I am unable to access www.thesneaky.com as well, so I can't download any driver packs. [edit] The problem seems to have resolved itself. Everything is working fine. smile [edit] No, it's not working for me again. Perhaps the webserver is having issues at the moment. I will try again later.

Someone is putting a massive load on the download server. I'm currently in touch with DreamHost to solve the problem. The Apache server crashed repeatedly under the load, DreamHost reported to me.

Still have the same problem, think since a few days, don`t know exactly. No Proxy, but Router. Tried with Firefox 2.0, IE6, AvantBrowser, with/without FreeDownloadManager. No exceeded Settings. Only BASE is downloadable, all others fail. Greetz, g-force

Hi

While reading another topic I read that download managers get blocked, and thought it would be a good idea to have that anounced in the downloads sections.

Another common reason for no access to a page are security suites.
When a suite blocks referrer, then the server might not see that this is same computer that hit the button (because it does not get the referrer), and it thinks it is a hotlinked request.
Many sites block hotlinked requests.

I know NIS used to cause this on sites. At my main hangout, I asked the admin he mentioned this.
One solution to the suite blocking referrer is to include driverpacks.net in the list of sites, and allow referrer for driverpacks.net.
Another solution is to "temporarily" disable the security suite while visiting driverpacks.net for downloading files.
I preferred the first. I included the site I want to DL from in the suite's list.

edit >> too much privacy can be a bad thing <<

Last edited by jtdoom (2006-11-19 01:56:54)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Yo Snaky
Am not using any Proxy but i cant download :-S.
Am I  Blocked?
sad((((((( sad((

SORRY, i can't download....

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /DriverPacks/DP_LAN_wnt5_x86-32_6081.7z on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

HELP ME......  please.....

It does work here, so it's something on your end.

Make sure your referrer doesn't get changed by download managers, firewalls etc.

ViVa wrote:

It does work here, so it's something on your end.

Make sure your referrer doesn't get changed by download managers, firewalls etc.

Yep.... but in that case you should be redirected to http://driverpacks.net/leechwarning.php. Perhaps these users pressed esc when they were being redirected? I don't know.

I have the same problem as jefflin0902 with all driverpacks except the base. I hope the problem will be solved in future.

cu mystique

I also have the problem that I cannot download the driverpacks.

i cant download all the pc connected from my country cant also

did u banned tunisia from ur ip list smile

Hallo,
i can't download....

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /DriverPacks/DP_LAN_wnt5_x86-32_6081.7z on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Whats wrong?

HELP ME......  please.....

MAKE
SURE
YOUR
REFERER
DOESN'T
GET
CHANGED
BY
SOME