Topic: rspndr.inf not found during first phase of installation

Hi everyone

First, great work, these packs and very useful. A lot of thanks to all involved.

Here my problem:
I made a bootable WinCD from a German OEM I386. I applied all the updates from Sereby.org ( http://www.xp-sp2-updatepack.de.vu/ ).

After that I applied the driverpacks. First try was with the massstorage pack allone, second try was using all the packs. After that I created the .iso with nLite.

Both tries have the same problem: when still in the blue setup screen after selecting the partition to install to, it begins with copying files. About in the middle I get the error message "could not copy rspndr.inf". Google unfortunately did not reveal any links to this filename (except one in russian, which I am not able to understand).

Any idea, what is going on here?

Thanks
Jens

Re: rspndr.inf not found during first phase of installation

Sometimes if I copy a scratched up source disk to my hard drive, I have that problem with the files being unable to extract during setup.  I eventually solved it by downloading the problem files from a 3rd party website.  As far as I can tell, DriverPacks doesn't mess with the rspndr.inf file.

Also be sure that you don't do anything except create the .iso when you use nLite.  If you do anything with nLite (especially with drivers) you can screw things up.  DriverPacks should be the last step before iso creation.

If I were you, I'd look over the updates you're getting...  If that website has a forums, do a search on that file name or post a question about it, surely someone will know if it's a file that gets altered during the update process.

~TigerC10~

Thank you. Indeed, it looks that the update pack sometimes has that problem, but it does not have any negative side effects.

solved

I recreated from scratch, it is just working in the background in the VMWare box (before I'll go to the Computer that need to be fixed .....). Thanks again for your hint.