Topic: Problem with various Sigmatel and Soundmax drivers...

Hi,

I'm currently testing my unattended XP install and I have 4 systems, using 3 different integrated audio chips from sigmatel and soundmax.

The drivers all get installed using dpinst.exe from a repository on the network, during runonceex. Everything else gets properly detected (video, wlan, etc...)

But for the sound drivers, somehow they are detected and installed but not completely. Once the computers are ready and I look in the device manager, the driver appears fine. But if I look at its properties and look at the detail of the mixer device for example, the property page says that driver does not work...

However, if I delete the sound device, re-scan for pnp devices, and when it gets detected I point to the driver's folder, it installs perfectly fine and works. Also all kind of software devices get detected.

There's something wried going on but I can't figure out what...

Has anyone else had that problem?

Re: Problem with various Sigmatel and Soundmax drivers...

you can try these test version

JakeLD have made these sound pack to solve sigmatel and soundmax Problems

http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=1995

The newer drivers didn't help. After spending quite a few hours on the issue it seems like my problem is coming from .inf files that include wmaudio.inf and other files from c:\windows\inf

It seems that dpinst.exe is unable to find them when running from RunOnceEx but it has no problem if ran manually afterwards.

I'm trying to figure out a workaround right now...

Ventajou wrote:

The newer drivers didn't help. After spending quite a few hours on the issue it seems like my problem is coming from .inf files that include wmaudio.inf and other files from c:\windows\inf

It seems that dpinst.exe is unable to find them when running from RunOnceEx but it has no problem if ran manually afterwards.

I'm trying to figure out a workaround right now...

This sounds kind of like a problem that I had a while ago. Make sure that you have KB888111 integrated.

hi, please try this
http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=2116

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.