Topic: Driver has not passed Windows Logo and I can't continue

Hello,

First of all I would like to say that this is a great project.  Hopefully it will keep on growing.

Unfortunatelly, I am having a bit of an issue with driver packs. 

I have integrated all the driver packs with my XP Pro.  During XP installation, all the drivers pack uncompressed without any errors.  However, durint the "Installing Windows" part, I got an error message saying:

"The software you are installing for this hardware:
Matrox Millennium G550 - English
has not passed WIndows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP...
Do you want to continue installing the software for this hardware?"

There are two buttons "Yes" and "No" but my mouse and keyboard don't work at this stage.

Is there any way to get passed this screen?  Or is there any way to disable Windows Logo testing during installation?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by substorm (2007-10-09 13:52:03)

Re: Driver has not passed Windows Logo and I can't continue

You can simply disable the Signed Drivers Policy so Win won't bother you with that again (it's unly of limited use if any, anyhow... Haven't seen someone "accidentially" installing a driver. If you do that, you most likely want to do it; and the WHQL logo doesn't even guarrantee no BSODs or anything like that so it's pretty useless).

I'm using nLite to get rid of that but you can also do it manually (I just don't know how off the top of my head...).

There should be a couple of posts about this already, try searching for them wink

Open your source\i386\winnt.sif file
Add the following:

[Unattended]
DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
NonDriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Got the below method from http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/12/0 … indows-xp/

but this doesnt seem to work for me i have double confirmed the settings and during sysprep it will not install the drivers
is there another way to integrate to driverpacks into a SYSPREP build.

***Start
It’s pretty annoying to see the warning dialog prompted every now and then, and some more it delays the completion of device driver installation, in some cases wasting time when users forget to monitor the progress and leave the installation to run on its way, stopping at unsigned driver dialog indefinitely waiting for user input.

Here’s the trick to suppress the unsigned uncertified driver warning and force installation to continue automatically.
Right click on My Computer then select Properties to open System Properties.
In “System Properties† dialog box, select the Hardware tab.
Click on Driver Signing button.

In the “Driver Signing Options† dialog box, under “What actions you want Windows to take?† section, three levels of actions on digital signature verification is provided, with default as Warn - Prompt me each time to choose an action. Default will generate the Hardware Installation or Software Installation dialog box as shown earlier whenever an unsigned driver is detected.

To suppress and skip the warning dialog and install unsigned driver automatically, select the radio button for Ignore - Install the software anyway and don’t ask for my approval.

You can also select Block - Never install unsigned driver software to NOT INSTALL any uncertified driver - no question asked, and no way to change during installation - so it’s not recommended.
In “Administrator option† section, tick the check box for Make this action the system default.
Click on OK button twice to exit.

Above methods works for both Windows XP Professional and Windows XP Home edition. For XP Professional, users can use group policy to enforce the no warning dialog rule too.
Click on Start button, then click on Run.
In the Run box, type gpedit.msc, then press Enter.
Expand User Configuration.
Expand Administrative Templates.
Select System folder in the tree.
Right click on Code signing for device drivers, and then select Properties.
In the “Settings† tab, you should see “Enable† as the default action. Select Ignore from the drop down list to silently allow all unsigned drivers to install.

Users can also select Disable to stop all unsigned drivers installation, which cannot be overrode during installation process.

Once you have decided which method is best for you
Click on OK button.

Reboot PC so new settings take effect

Now you don’t have to worry about clicking on Continue Anyway when installing a new device (or old device) to let Windows use the unsigned driver.
***END

Meric wrote:

Got the below method from http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/12/0 … indows-xp/

but this doesnt seem to work for me i have double confirmed the settings and during sysprep it will not install the drivers
is there another way to integrate to driverpacks into a SYSPREP build.

To get the drivers to install during SysPrep:
1.  Extract all of the DriverPacks that you plan on using to the root of the C: drive. Now, it should be C:\D and all of the subdirectories of the different DriverPack categories.  If you DON'T plan on running the DriverPacks Finisher, delete all of the DriverPack INI files at the root of the C: drive.
2.  Copy the utility that comes with the DriverPacks BASE named DevPath.exe and place in in the SysPrep folder.  Run the utility from the command prompt.  You want to use the following command:  DevPath.exe C:\D.
3.  Copy the utility that comes with the DriverPacks BASE named makePNF.exe.  Run the utility from the command prompt.  You want to use the following command:  makePNF.exe C:\D
4.  In your sysprep.inf, add the following lines to the "[Unattended]" section: 
     UpdateInstalledDrivers=Yes
     DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
     NonDriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
5.  If you want all of the DriverPacks to be cleaned up/deleted, you will need to have DriverPack Finisher run on first logon.  If not, skip this step.
     a.  Copy DPsFnshr.ini to the root of the C: drive, extract DPsFnshr.7Z to the root of the C: drive, and copy ROE.exe to the SysPrep directory.
     b.  Edit the line in the DPsFnshr.ini with "KTD =" so that is reads:  KTD = "false"
          Note:  This makes sure that the DriverPacks Finisher deletes all of the drivers and the files it used.
     c.  Save the changes to DPsFnshr.ini and exit the editor.
     d.  Run the utility ROE.exe from the command prompt.  The command you want to use is:  ROE.exe 937
          Note:  This will make sure that DriverPacks Finisher runs on the next logon, which should be your first logon after the SysPrep setup completes.
     e.  If you want the ATI software to install when there is an ATI video card installed, either create a dummy file named ATICCP.ins at the root of the C: drive if you want to have the ATI Catalyst Control Panel installed or create a dummy file named ATICCC.ins at the root of the C: drive if you want to have the ATI Catalyst Control Panel.  If you have an nVidia card installed and want the nVidia software installed, get your hands on the nvidia.ins file and put it at the root of the C: drive.  Also, with an nVidia video card, you may or may not want to include the PhysX DriverPack.
6.  Run your sysprep.exe from the command prompt using the following command:  sysprep.exe -bmsd
     Note:  This will build the Mass Storage section of your sysprep.inf
7.  If you want to include the MassStorage DriverPack into the Mass Storage section of your sysprep.inf, I recommend using FindHWIDs, found here, using the SysPrep option, as it will export the MassStorage format that you need for your sysprep.inf file.  If you don't plan on including the MassStorage DriverPack, skip this step. 
8.  Run your sysprep.exe from the command prompt using the following command:  sysprep.exe -quiet -forceshutdown -reseal -mini

Team:  If I missed anything, please let me know or edit this post.

http://d1syubgj0w3cyv.cloudfront.net/cdn/farfuture/5ocSdUxUxrK5g8rfTm7_39bPWgBMWiteXNH4McROrNw/perpetual:forever/userbar/mainteam-1.png

7.  If you want to include the MassStorage DriverPack into the Mass Storage section of your sysprep.inf, I recommend using FindHWIDs, found here, using the SysPrep option, as it will export the MassStorage format that you need for your sysprep.inf file.  If you don't plan on including the MassStorage DriverPack, skip this step.

this is the problem step..... I understand why and how to use the rest of the steps but when it comes to the integrating MassStorage drivers I get too many prompts for "the software you are installing for Driver xyz hasnt passed windows logo testing" 

I have disabled the the driver signing in windows and in the sysprep.inf but it still asks for "Continue Anyway" or "Stop Installing"

is there a way to determine which drivers arent signed?
or
a way the gets around this prompt

Last edited by Meric (2009-03-25 03:40:01)

You are going to get the prompts while integrating the Mass Storage drivers into SysPrep.inf.  If you separate the MassStorage DriverPack from the rest of your drivers, you could just use that tool that I mentioned and copy-and-paste the results from that into sysprep.inf.  The only way to get around this is to write or get an application that clicks on the "Continue Anyway" button.  Other than that, you are expected to get those prompts.

Last edited by Echo_Platoon (2009-03-25 04:54:54)

http://d1syubgj0w3cyv.cloudfront.net/cdn/farfuture/5ocSdUxUxrK5g8rfTm7_39bPWgBMWiteXNH4McROrNw/perpetual:forever/userbar/mainteam-1.png

hmm... :-)

I did use kickarse hwid tool to build sysprep MassStorage list :-)  btw what a very nice tool it saved me hours(days, Weeks) of work :-) 

The errors are triggered by sysprep in the setupapi.log file I found

#E245 The device installation digital signature failure policy has been elevated from Ignore to Warn due to a proposed replacement of a protected system file.

there must be a way to override this elevation setting so we can start SYSPREP and walkaway. :-)

Meric wrote:

hmm... :-)

I did use kickarse hwid tool to build sysprep MassStorage list :-)  btw what a very nice tool it saved me hours(days, Weeks) of work :-) 

The errors are triggered by sysprep in the setupapi.log file I found

#E245 The device installation digital signature failure policy has been elevated from Ignore to Warn due to a proposed replacement of a protected system file.

there must be a way to override this elevation setting so we can start SYSPREP and walkaway. :-)

The "DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore" only applies to the SysPrep mini-setup, not for while preparing and sysprepping the machine.  Try out the following method for the preparing and sysprepping stages:
1.  Go to Start-->Run...
2.  Type in the following in the Run dialog box:  gpedit.msc
3.  Press Enter or click OK.
4.  In the "Group Policy" window that comes up, in the left pane, go to "Computer Configuration"-->"Windows Settings"-->"Security Settings"-->"Local Policies"-->"Security Options".
5.  In the right pane, go into the properties for "Devices: Unsigned driver installation behavior".
6.  In "Local Security Setting" tab, choose "Silently succeed".
7.  Click the Apply button.
8.  Click the OK button.
9.  Exit "Group Policy".

After doing that, try integrating the Mass Storage drivers again, but you may need to reboot before doing this so that the Group Policy takes effect.  If you get the same result as before, you will also have to disable "Windows File Protection" in addition to the method I described in this post.  "Windows File Protection" works with the "DriverSigningPolicy" and "Windows File Protection" is what causes the message you are getting.

Last edited by Echo_Platoon (2009-03-25 06:17:33)