Topic: AVG finds virus at D\D\G\A\A\CPanel.exe

AVG's had a decent number of false positives lately, so I have no idea if there is actually a virus in the driverpack.  However, AVG this morning claims to have found Worm/Feebs.HI in D\D\G\A\A\CPanel.exe

Re: AVG finds virus at D\D\G\A\A\CPanel.exe

thanks for letting us know.
I just scanned all extracted cpanel files with avast, and that got me no positives.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Re: AVG finds virus at D\D\G\A\A\CPanel.exe

Yeah, from what you read on the net and other fora, both AVG and AntiVir, while being free, are somewhat useless due to their high rate of false positives.

Using NOD32, I only had a FP myself once (and that was in a file that got corrupted during the DL).
Also, I haven't really read much about users of other anti virus software than the two mentioned above reporting FPs.

I can't remember the correct address ATM but there are sites to which you can upload the suspected file and they will scan it with ~20 or so commecial anti-virus engines and then report you en détail which one reported what.
Most of the time, none of commercial engines will report any positives on these files.
That is not to say there never is a chance of them all missing it, but the likelyhood of catching a FP with AVG and AntiVir is rather high...

Anyway, not complaining about your post here.
It's better to be save than sorry and it also helps other users if you spotted something before it spreads even further.
Also, the fact that several folks are working on this project also means an infected file could accidentially slip in.

Heck, even big HW companies such as HP had offered infected drivers on their homepage and Acer was recently blamed to deliver notebooks with a virus pre-installed...