Topic: How to enable own DriverPacks in GUI interface?

Hi there,

I downloaded from this forum a 3rd party driverpack named DP_HID_wnt5_x86-32_v1.2.7z. I copied it into DriverPacks where the other DriverPacks are. Now when I start the GUI interface (DriverPacks BASE 6.06.1) I can select everything but the entry 3rd Party Driver(s) Pack (its greyed out). I also tried other names mentioned in the guide like _test_V1.7z, but still no luck. To ensure the file is valid, I renamed a working driver pack from Bashrat, but it doesn't work.

How do I enable it?

Can I add more than one custom driver pack because there is only one entry?

Re: How to enable own DriverPacks in GUI interface?

Try moving it into the 3rd Party Driver Pack folder?

Cheers,

FlyingGleek

Ah, stupid me. But when I put multiple driver packs in that folder, how do I know how many and what driver packs are added?

All 3rd Party DriverPacks will be added as long as you put them into the right folder and they follow the proper file structure and nomenclature.

BASE isn't too comprehensive about them, unfortunately.
An option to deselect specific packs for this very slipstream would be neat so you don't have to rename or move them smile

Of course only 3rd party DriverPacks that support the currently active platform will be slipstreamed.

Originally there was support for 3rd party DriverPacks individual selection, but in my experience users don't keep up with the strict naming system that is required, so I'd be flooded with questions 'Why doesn't my version number show up correctly?' and 'Why isn't my DP listed?'. It might be added again in the future though.

But my goal is to add all possible DriverPacks. For that, I must first automate the searching for new drivers.

It will be ready when it's ready wink

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com