Topic: Can I just ask what order these things happen?

I need to do a final reboot after the DPsFnshr.exe has finished.

I have done a looping command to check if DPsFnshr.exe is present on the systemdrive, if it is, the command keeps looping but as soon as that DPsFnshr.exe is deleted, the commands carry on in the batch file.

What happens LAST - the DPsFnshr is deleted OR the "D" folder is deleted?

Just wondering because the D folder was still there on an install I just tried, I guess it did not have time to delete it before the system rebooted.

What would be best, telling the batch file to wait until DPsFnshr.exe is not there, or telling it to wait until the D folder is not there?

Just need to know what happens last?

Re: Can I just ask what order these things happen?

I have had this issue with a D dir being kept, I (think) it relates to how it 'finishes'... prompting for a driver with hardware wizard, or telling you new devices are installed and it needs a reboot, or just installing everything. I say this because I seem to recall using the same image on different systems, some kept D and others didnt, all other things being equal this indicated it was relating to their hardware differences. At the time I was trying to fix other problems so unfortunately didn't really look into it.

In regards to your other question, if the .exe is terminated it will have moved D (it cant move anything if its not running). I think it moves D last too (the setupapilog shows it looking at the drivers in c:\D not in the KTD location)
Where is the finisher running from and where is your script running from?

Last edited by chud (2007-08-07 07:45:13)

Re: Can I just ask what order these things happen?

The finisher just runs from C:\

So you reckon the very last thing the driverpacks do is deletes the DPsFnshr.exe file?

It makes logical sense to me.

I think the reason the D folder was left over is because - and this was in VMware - it takes
about 30 seconds to delete, its got thousands of tiny files inside it thats why, but if the D
folder is removed before the DPsFnshr.exe cleans itself up then its all fine with how ive
done it - a command that loops every 3 seconds checking if the DPsFnshr.exe is present
on %SystemDrive%

If the DPsFnshr.exe file is there, the bat file loops, as soon as the DPsFnshr.exe file is gone
(meaning the D folder must be deleted and the driverpacks finisher is fully finished for good)
then the bat file carries on, installing a few progs, regtweaks that need a reboot etc then the
system reboots.

Many thanks to Bashrat and anyone else who managed to get the finisher to delete without
a reboot big_smile It just gets better and better every time a new BASE comes out!

Last edited by LeveL (2007-08-07 09:28:53)