Topic: 4 in 1 Internal Reader (SD/MMC etc) on Windows 2003 server /

I have a Philips Freevents X59 Laptop --very nice and portable 1GB Ram and dual Core. The computer came pre-installed with VISTA HOME PREMIUM which I have since removed and replaced with W2K3 server standard edition.

Initially -- I got the usual No hard disks found problem but slipstreaming SP2 and the DRIVERPACKS it worked fine EXCEPT for the wretched internal 4 in 1 media reader. Of course there was no info on the manufacturer etc.

I finally located the drivers in a file  called  2300 Memory Card reader.zip which fixed the problem

It's something like msi_mpi_07128_flashmemory    etc.

The hardware screen shows something like Microsoft iSCSI initiator and O2Micro Integrated MMC / SD controller and MS/MSpro controller.

Hopefully you can add this type of stuff to the next Mass storage driver pack.
These Internal readers are always a bit of a problem.

BTW if you want to make W2K3 server suitable for a workstation --add themes, games, multi-media etc, and make it look and behave like XP use this link.

http://win2k3.msfn.org

W2K3 is MUCH MUCH better than VISTA IMO currently and IT FLIES after doing the mods shown by the link. 

Cheers

Jimbo

Last edited by jimbo45 (2007-07-09 06:39:40)

Re: 4 in 1 Internal Reader (SD/MMC etc) on Windows 2003 server /

jimbo45 wrote:

I finally located the drivers in a file  called  2300 Memory Card reader.zip which fixed the problem

It's something like msi_mpi_07128_flashmemory    etc.

The hardware screen shows something like Microsoft iSCSI initiator and O2Micro Integrated MMC / SD controller and MS/MSpro controller.

How about instead of telling us the file name you rather provide a link to the file (manufacturer homepage, or ,if not possible, upload it yourself somehwere)?
That really helps us indefinately more than having to google for the filename or similar.
I can tell you that most likely the outcome of that would be far less than optimal...

Hopefully you can add this type of stuff to the next Mass storage driver pack.
These Internal readers are always a bit of a problem.

That entirely depends on the type of CR used, I would say wink
The one from my desktop system simply needs a USB mass storage driver which Windows provides by default.
The one for my laptop, however, also because it is combined with the smartcard reader, requires special drivers indeed.

Re: 4 in 1 Internal Reader (SD/MMC etc) on Windows 2003 server /

Finally located it
http://support.averatec.com/customercare/downloads.asp

just scroll down to bottom and click on memory card reader in the LEFT column (AV2370)
although it says vista drivers these are also for previous releases of windows as well.

There's other good stuff on this site as well.

Note this driver works for my laptop (Philips Freevent X59) so it might not be applicable to other  4-in-1 reader cards. However there's plenty of other memory card drivers on this site.

Before this I tried various Ricoh drivers which didn't work on my system although they do work for several laptop makes.

Cheers

jimbo

Last edited by jimbo45 (2007-07-10 21:44:48)