Topic: Video detection causes video to become garbled

I'm not sure how else to explain it, but here it goes.

I first copied all files to a folder. Then downloaded all DriverPacks and ran the BASE utility to integrate all the drivers.
Then the folder was 900MB.
So I used nLite to narrow it down under 700MB so I could get a CD made. I then tested it in VMWare server and it worked flawlessly!

Then I actually created a CD and put it in a brand new Inspiron 1501 and started it up (because I didn't want to have Vista yet). The setup looked like it would work great - until it got to the video detection. After that point the screen appears all garbled. I could still move the mouse and type if I wanted (since I could tell it was starting the setup) but that was it. I couldn't get around that issue.

I'm going to try to go step by step with VMWare, typing in the correct things at the correct time and see if I can get past it for now- but I would like someone else to say that they have a solution, or at the very least that they've seen this issue before.

Thanks,
-Mike

Re: Video detection causes video to become garbled

You need to use nLite BEFORE slipstreaming the DriverPacks!!!

This is absolutely essential!

Other than that, what brand is Inspiron?
Dell by chance?
Do a search on that, there's other suers having problems with that.

hi
welcome to DriverPacks

read this
http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=1449

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Thank you both.

Yes- it is a Dell Inspiron and I'm not 100% sure yet (as I haven't read the linked forum page) but I think it may have to do with ATI.

I'll read that forum page and reverse the order of the CD creation.

Thanks guys,
-Mike

gmikej wrote:

Yes- it is a Dell Inspiron and I'm not 100% sure yet (as I haven't read the linked forum page) but I think it may have to do with ATI.

From my experience, I'm willing to bet it rather has to do with Dell, but let's see how this one turns out for ya wink