Re: Hardware Universal Ghost Image

C610 on PE has acpipic_up as the HAL which is normal ACPI so don't understand why it hangs after mini-setup is done?

I solved my own problem with C610, manually replaced %windir%\system32\hall.dll on c610 with one from another pc that was 'Advanced Configuration and Power Interface', then it rebooted and didnt stick. Moral of story is change the HAL to 'Advanced Configuration and Power Interface' in vmware image first.

That is what I did, but on some really new machines the conversion to the ACPI HAL during sysprep would cause the machine to hang. So whilst it is the best method, it is not fool-proof.

i face the same problem around 3 month ago. unlike you, i use Acronis. Acronis has release Acronis Universal System Restore. From the name should make you smile. Yes, my problem solved. image an image from intel chipset mobo and deploy to other type chipset mobo. but, it seem have a problem when make an image from SiS Chipset mobo. cannot log in windows. one more thing, u have to ready with SATA driver if u deploy to SATA HDD. Acronis will ask for drivers at the end of the deployment proses. hope i can help.