Topic: Driverpacks overwrite on operational system.

Greetings.

I have partition image with winXP sp2 - universal one (I do restore of it to various hardware configurations).

But - driverpacks I have there are quite outdated, so I'd be happy to hear how can I overwrite them (not to slipstream) - perhaps just copy D directory and simply run finisher or ... ?

Thanks in advance smile

Re: Driverpacks overwrite on operational system.

You can not automatically update the drivers.

Your best option is:
1) extract DriverPacks
2) apply KTD
3) right click every device in the device manager and let it search for updates, it will find the updates automatically.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Bashrat, thanks for quick reply.

Actually, I'm using mini-install durnig first reboot time - so the search for hardware starts automatically.
I'm just aware - what should I do with previous driverpacks (in %WINDIR%\DriverPacks directory) and respective registry entries - will they be properly erased/upgraded etc. ?

Just for more clearance - I'm going to unpack my image to test computer, update driverpacks (along with some other things) and create a new image for further use...

hm... so what should I do with already integrated driverpacks before applying KTD ?

just to bring more clearance - I need to extract my drive image, replace previously integrated KTD with new one and pack'em back to image