Topic: Driverpack with MacDrivers for Windows?

So since you own a MAC, Bashrat, will there come out a Driverpack for a Windows which runs on a Mac, too? So like, webcam driver and Soundcard driver and so on?

This would be very interesting wink

Re: Driverpack with MacDrivers for Windows?

I thought there is no webcam driver available (as well as for BlueTooth) becazse every review I read of XP on Mac states those device do not work.
Last thing I heared was that Apple updated BootCamp so accessing them will no longer crash your machine... neutral).

Anyway, I don't own a Mac, but does Apple not provide the necessary drivers through BootCamp?

Since there's only so much different HW in the Apple world, a DP would be rather small...

Yes, all drivers are provided. This will definetely be added, though it is not a high priority.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

I'm uploading the Macintosh Driver Pack for XP at the moment to Rapidshare. I someone wants to create a DP, so do it.

I'll post the link, when uploading is ready.

So, here it is: http://rapidshare.de/files/28026554/Mac … ows_XP.exe

It is the installer package from Apple, which I've extracted brom BootCamp. Perhaps someone wants to create a DP.

For Information: It is an InstallShield 2003 Installer, which contains a MSI package. The installer checks, if it is a Apple Computer and aborts, if it isn't. The MSI can't run directly, only within the InstallShield package.

Last edited by McStarfighter (2006-08-04 00:24:17)

McStarfighter wrote:

I'm uploading the Macintosh Driver Pack for XP at the moment to Rapidshare. I someone wants to create a DP, so do it.

I'll post the link, when uploading is ready.

Check the sticky in the 3rd Party DriverPack forum wink

I've moved this topic to there, too.

@Bashrat: Check my first post again. It isn't a DP, it is only the installer package from Apple which contains the Mac Drivers for XP.

McStarfighter wrote:

@Bashrat: Check my first post again. It isn't a DP, it is only the installer package from Apple which contains the Mac Drivers for XP.

Well, I have already received the drivers themselves from djbe. So I could make a DriverPack out of it wink

But perhaps someone other wants to make a DriverPack of it and needs the Drivers. And so he can download them easily. It is ok, that YOU have them, but there are the others, too.

Ah... tongue I'll add them in the next update, probably! wink

For anyone who cares, there's a new beta of Apple's BootCamp out.

From what I've read, b1.1 also contains new drivers for keyboard, mouse (RMB finally works), the camera etc so it's definately worth upgrading wink

Get it right here!

Thx for the information. I will extract the MacDrivers and upload it next day.

EDIT: Bashrat, is there any kind of option to host the MacDrivers Installer package at you? I've extracted it now and it is 100 MB bigger than the last version... Now it is 180 MB big.

Thx for an answer.

I would say, this thread explains it all concerning hosting solutions wink

Just upload it there, that will definately work.

I don't have these latest drivers (yet). Don't have the time to make this pack, so feel free to create it.

I will upload the Installer package today in the evening...

Anyone ever create this?

Not atm ...

U'm I've tried to download Boot Camp to extract the files.... however.. Everytime I download the BootCamp1.2.dmg file and try to convert it with UltraISO, MagicISO or the dmg2iso utility they all fail..... I have now downloaded the bootcamp file for the 5th time using 3 different sites..... I don't know what I am doing wrong, I can't help, if I can't get the files..

~Dave

I will try to extract it next friday... I had success in the last one and now ... too.

I have the extracted files, I will upload them to a server in the morning.

Thx a lot, I was very busy the last days ... big_smile

I've 7ziped the drivers and put them here:

http://www.jaxhil.com/files/MacDrivers.7z (right click and save as)

I will be removing them after about a week, as they are really big, and I have limited bandwidth.

Bâshrat the Sneaky wrote:

Yes, all drivers are provided. This will definetely be added, though it is not a high priority.

If you have the time, this would be hugely appreciated in the Mac community.  In fact, building in Parallels drivers would be really cool too!

lieblingsbesuch wrote:

So since you own a MAC, Bashrat, will there come out a Driverpack for a Windows which runs on a Mac, too? So like, webcam driver and Soundcard driver and so on?

This would be very interesting wink

I guess if this hasn't happened in a year...