Topic: [SOLVED] "D" directory still exists after 6.12 Finisher ran

After an unattended install, the "D" folder with all the drivers still exists (I think a bug fix listed for 6.12 was that this folder gets deleted?) Also a red error briefly flashes before the DP finisher finishes during RunOnceEX, but it was too quick to notice the text.

I set for method 2, no KTD, no stream cache.

I would like to post both my hwids.txt and DPsFnshr.log in code form but I get an error in this forum saying "posts cannot be longer that 65535 characters (64KB)."

Re: [SOLVED] "D" directory still exists after 6.12 Finisher ran

Fragbert wrote:

After an unattended install, the "D" folder with all the drivers still exists (I think a bug fix listed for 6.12 was that this folder gets deleted?) Also a red error briefly flashes before the DP finisher finishes during RunOnceEX, but it was too quick to notice the text.

I set for method 2, no KTD, no stream cache.

I would like to post both my hwids.txt and DPsFnshr.log in code form but I get an error in this forum saying "posts cannot be longer that 65535 characters (64KB)."

Can't you post your DPsFnshr.log here? Is it LARGER than 64 KB? yikes

I really need that logfile to find the cause. Please submit an issue at the bugtracker and upload the file there. There's a much larger limit at the bugtracker, so that really should work.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Is this 'D' directory supposed to get deleted if the KTD is turned off?

I've just created a new build DVD for Windows XP SP2 using the latest version of Nlite, Ryan Integrator and Driverpacks.net.  I used Nlite to put in the necessary details for an unattended setup, I then used RyanVM's integrater to add in the Windows XP Post-SP2 Update Pack 2.1.9 then updated the whole shebang with the driverpacks.

I switched off the KTD, slipstreamed and created the ISO. I used the ISO to install to my test computer and all seems to have worked fine but what I noticed is that there is a folder called 'D' on the main OP system drive which I assume are all the drivers.

Should this not have been deleted by the finisher or have I misunderstood what turning off KTD does?

The 'D' folder is approx 1.5Gb in size from what I remember.  I'll check it better in the morning when I get back into work.

Thanks

Declan

Have you rebooted already? You may have to reboot once.

Bâshrat the Sneaky wrote:

Hi Bastrat..

Yes, I've rebooted the machine a couple of times but still same result.

My logfile is 179KB in size so I gather I can't post here.  The last part of the log shows the following.

2007-04-24 14:03:06 : <KTD>  KTD will not be applied, the DriverPacks will be deleted.
2007-04-24 14:05:58 : <CLNP> Could not delete the DriverPacks, which are located in "C:\D".
2007-04-24 14:05:58 : <CLNP> Added new value to the RunOnce key in the registry: the cleanup of the "C:\D" directory will be retried (through CLI, not through the Finisher) after a reboot.
2007-04-24 14:05:58 : <CLNP> Deleted "C:\hwids.dat"!
2007-04-24 14:05:58 : <CLNP> Deleted "C:\DPsFnshr.ini"!
2007-04-24 14:05:58 : <CLNP> Deleted "C:\devcon.exe"!
2007-04-24 14:05:58 : <CLNP> Deleted "C:\makePNF.exe"!
2007-04-24 14:05:58 : <CLNP> Deleted "C:\pmtimer.exe"!
2007-04-24 14:05:58 : <CLNP> Deleted "C:\*.ins"!
2007-04-24 14:05:58 : <CLNP> Deleted "C:\DSPdsblr.exe"!
2007-04-24 14:05:59 : <CLNP> Deleted "C:\DriverPack_*.ini"!
2007-04-24 14:05:59 : <CLNP> Deleted "C:\mute.exe"!
2007-04-24 14:05:59 : <CLNP> Added new value to the RunOnce key in the registry: the DriverPacks Finisher itself will get deleted after the next reboot.
2007-04-24 14:05:59 : Program terminated.

The attributes of the 'D' folder show a tick which is greyed out on the Read-Only box. Would this have an effect on what can be deleted.

Regards

Declan

Last edited by dpbarry (2007-04-25 01:01:09)

Bâshrat the Sneaky wrote:

Oops.. Sorry Bashrat..  Made a bit of 'an Orlicks' when logging a bugtracker.  If possible, delete number 0000373.  I entered the wrong DriverPacks method.  It should have been 2 - NOT 1.

Bug tracker 0000374 is the correct one with the log file attached.

Regards

Declan

Hi Bashrat..

Not sure why but all is now okay.  I remade my WinXPSP2 dvd the same way I made the first and this time, it worked perfectly.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Declan

No problem.