Topic: SOLVED: some 3rd party DriverPacks not recognized

Dear All:
Especially Bashrat
After downloading the diver pack, I'm also downloaded the Printer, TV, USB driver packs
But was unable to integrate it because it was not avaliable in the options or check boxes
But I was able to do it with the previous version
Does there is any solve to be able to integrate it using the current DriverPacks Base?
I did tried to put the Printer, TV, USB driver packs in the 3rd party DriverPacks folder but also failed.
And there were no any other solution for that matter
can you make an exception and send me the previous version of the DriverPacks Base, because I was able with it to integrate every thing.
Thanks

Last edited by Bâshrat the Sneaky (2006-06-28 05:35:29)

Re: SOLVED: some 3rd party DriverPacks not recognized

Have you tried renaming those DriverPacks?

What should I rename it to ?
It will not be the same name as :
DP_Chipset_wnt5_x86-32_605.7z, ...etc bcz two files can not take the same file name at the same folder
beside if I did it 1st time with the original package, will I be able to use the DriverPack Base again with the xp cd source
What do you think bashrat?
Thanks

I don't know if you can integrate a previously integrated source, but you should rename those DriverPacks as follows:

Printer -> DP_Printer_wnt5_x86-32_603.7z
TV -> DP_TV_wnt5_x86-32_181.7z
USB -> DP_USB_wnt5_x86-32_12.7z

Last edited by 5eraph (2006-06-04 21:36:20)

And put it in 3rd party driver !

5eraph wrote:

I don't know if you can integrate a previously integrated source, but you should rename those DriverPacks as follows:
Printer -> DP_Printer_wnt5_x86-32_603.7z
TV -> DP_TV_wnt5_x86-32_181.7z
USB -> DP_USB_wnt5_x86-32_12.7z

Vier wrote:

And put it in 3rd party driver !

That is exactly what I have and exactly what I did,
But the problem still the same because when you use the Driverpacks Base and in the screen of selecting the driver packs The other driver packs are not active to choose and it is dimmed
and here is what I'm talking about:
http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/2874/untitled9rp.jpg
but the previous release never face this problem because I  put all driver packs in the same place and run the application then every thing is done then I take the result folder to my XPCD folder and do the resst you know.

and just to let you know what I did
I've downloaded about 90% of the add on exist in the following url
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=511
and the steps were as follow:
1) used nLite to take a copy of XP to XPCD folder
2) used Xpize to integrate it with the XPCD source without creating the .iso
3) used nLite to integrate rayan add on, and others add on exist in the above url http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=511
4) then go a long with nLite till the end with options without creating .iso
5) then I used Bashrat driver pack with the driver packs Base.
5)  Back again to nLite and created the .iso cd.
The problem that I've recieved many errors, and after try the .iso with VMWare, i did not see many of applcations I added them with add on
So any one can feed me back about what is write and what is wrong,
and what am I suppose to do
is it wrong to add all existing add on?
Thanks
So can any solve help me now?
Thanks

Last edited by mgadallah (2006-06-04 23:24:28)

That's quite a list. I think you should scrutinize your driverpack names even closer. For instance, look at the filenames closely and try to make out the difference between Sound A and Sound B. Just have another look. Something must be missing or mispelled. The problem with your missing programs can go many ways. I had that issue a while back and for some reason it led back to legitcheckcontrol.dll (lack of rather). Believe it. Or not. But, for sure I know that some 3rd party packs have the same effect also. Especially on runonceex installs. For example, TV driverpack. That thing has driven me nuts before, especially since it's an intermittent problem. Remove that (if you have it slipstreamed) and see if you still get the problem.

Problem with checking which 3rd party pack is giving you grief is that the problems they pose are intermittent.
I'm currently using Broadband, HID, MISC and USB. Everything works fine cept when I add other 3rd party packs. Especially TV.

Last edited by razormoon (2006-06-05 04:02:54)

The following sentence is false.
The preceding sentence is true.

If it's still not working, just post a screenshot of your "3rd party DriverPacks" directory. I'm sure there's something wrong with the filenames.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com