Topic: [NEEDSREPLY] Various problems with DP

DPs_BASE_610.exe
DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_608.7z
DP_Sound_A_wnt5_x86-32_6081.7z
All files are up2date.

I'm trying to integrate the MassStorage drivers into my windows 2000 cd (haven't bothered with windows xp yet) so I can install windows on machines with SCSI or SATA drives fully unattended from a network share. But i'm facing some problems here.

1. When I only slipstream the MassStorage drivers (without the "DriverPack MassStorage text mode) the file ql2100.sys gets deleted and cannot be found during setup with requires me to skip the file during setup manually twice. This is already fucks up my unattended setup. hmm
But it gets worse at a later point when setup tells me that ql2100.sys cannot be found and asks me to press "any key" and then ends the setup process leaving me with an unfinished installation. Not good.
The same problem was described in http://bugtracker.driverpacks.net/view.php?id=0000068 and marked as fixed and resolved. Though this does not really seem to be the case.

2. When I slipstream the MassStorage drivers with text mode activated the dosnet.inf file somehow gets f***ed up and setup tells me that the section [Files] is either missing or not useable. hmm Which also means that I cant install Windows.
The same problem was described in 0000240 and the solutions seems to be to add "d1," in front of the three files adpu160m.sys, dac960nt.sys and ipsraidn.sys
Maybe this could be automated in the next release since editing files manually is not only a pain but also cannot always be done by "normal" people.

3. Slipstreaming the Sound_A 6.0.81 DriverPack leads to the same error as described in 0000080 and 0000118. portcls.sys cannot be found and ruins my unattended installation. hmm

4. I tried installing windows in a vmware with emulated scsi hdd and LSI controller, so i removed the ; from the vmscsi.sys lines in txtsetup.sif and dosnet.inf. "MsDosInitiated" is set no "0" in unattended.txt. But after successfully copying the cd onto the computer and restarting the machine i get a bluescreen telling me that the bootdevice couldnt be accessed. hmm Am I missing something?

Re: [NEEDSREPLY] Various problems with DP

kheldorn wrote:

DPs_BASE_610.exe
DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_608.7z
DP_Sound_A_wnt5_x86-32_6081.7z
All files are up2date.

I'm trying to integrate the MassStorage drivers into my windows 2000 cd (haven't bothered with windows xp yet) so I can install windows on machines with SCSI or SATA drives fully unattended from a network share. But i'm facing some problems here.

1. When I only slipstream the MassStorage drivers (without the "DriverPack MassStorage text mode) the file ql2100.sys gets deleted and cannot be found during setup with requires me to skip the file during setup manually twice. This is already fucks up my unattended setup. hmm
But it gets worse at a later point when setup tells me that ql2100.sys cannot be found and asks me to press "any key" and then ends the setup process leaving me with an unfinished installation. Not good.
The same problem was described in http://bugtracker.driverpacks.net/view.php?id=0000068 and marked as fixed and resolved. Though this does not really seem to be the case.

I don't know what I missed there, but it seems I definitely missed something. Can you tell me if the ql2100.sys driver is included by default? Since I think that is not the case and then the file could not be deleted.

2. When I slipstream the MassStorage drivers with text mode activated the dosnet.inf file somehow gets f***ed up and setup tells me that the section [Files] is either missing or not useable. hmm Which also means that I cant install Windows.
The same problem was described in 0000240 and the solutions seems to be to add "d1," in front of the three files adpu160m.sys, dac960nt.sys and ipsraidn.sys
Maybe this could be automated in the next release since editing files manually is not only a pain but also cannot always be done by "normal" people.

I have overlooked that part of the bugreport, sorry. It seems it only happens to drivers that are replaced by newer ones by the DriverPacks BASE. I've looked at the code and the same code is used for the drivers that are replaced as any other driver, so if the "d1," leading part is missing, it should be missing for ALL files. I will try to reproduce this issue, but please submit this to the bugtracker.

3. Slipstreaming the Sound_A 6.0.81 DriverPack leads to the same error as described in 0000080 and 0000118. portcls.sys cannot be found and ruins my unattended installation. hmm

That's not a BUG, that's due to crappy drivers. Probably it's a SoundMAX or Sigmatel driver. Just post a sound driver request in the DriverPack Sound forum, and don't forget to mention your desktop/laptop model, so we can find the driver.

4. I tried installing windows in a vmware with emulated scsi hdd and LSI controller, so i removed the ; from the vmscsi.sys lines in txtsetup.sif and dosnet.inf. "MsDosInitiated" is set no "0" in unattended.txt. But after successfully copying the cd onto the computer and restarting the machine i get a bluescreen telling me that the bootdevice couldnt be accessed. hmm Am I missing something?

It might be good to recomment another driver instead then. One with a filesize that's equal or larger than the size of vmscsi.sys.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Bâshrat the Sneaky wrote:
kheldorn wrote:

... setup tells me that ql2100.sys cannot be found and asks me to press "any key" and then ends the setup process leaving me with an unfinished installation. Not good.

I don't know what I missed there, but it seems I definitely missed something. Can you tell me if the ql2100.sys driver is included by default? Since I think that is not the case and then the file could not be deleted.

QL2100.SY_ is 33.267 bytes big and is present in the i386 directory of my "Windows 2000 SP4 German" disk. No other hotfixes or drivers have been slipstreamed, only SP4.

kheldorn wrote:

I have overlooked that part of the bugreport, sorry. It seems it only happens to drivers that are replaced by newer ones by the DriverPacks BASE. I've looked at the code and the same code is used for the drivers that are replaced as any other driver, so if the "d1," leading part is missing, it should be missing for ALL files. I will try to reproduce this issue, but please submit this to the bugtracker.

I can successfully reproduce it as often as i want. wink Bugtracker entry @ http://bugtracker.driverpacks.net/view.php?id=282

kheldorn wrote:

That's not a BUG, that's due to crappy drivers. Probably it's a SoundMAX or Sigmatel driver. Just post a sound driver request in the DriverPack Sound forum, and don't forget to mention your desktop/laptop model, so we can find the driver.

I checked the original dosnet.inf for "d1,portcls.sys" and couldn't find it. I checked the dosnet.inf of the cd with slipstreamed MassStorage drivers and couldn't find it. But the line is present in the dosnet.inf of the cd with slipstreamed Sound_A drivers. However the file is not present on any of the cds nor in the Sound_A driver pack.

kheldorn wrote:

It might be good to recomment another driver instead then. One with a filesize that's equal or larger than the size of vmscsi.sys.

I'll run a few more tests trying to figure out this stuff and report back with some more conclusive results.

kheldorn wrote:

4. I tried installing windows in a vmware with emulated scsi hdd and LSI controller, so i removed the ; from the vmscsi.sys lines in txtsetup.sif and dosnet.inf. "MsDosInitiated" is set no "0" in unattended.txt. But after successfully copying the cd onto the computer and restarting the machine i get a bluescreen telling me that the bootdevice couldnt be accessed. :/ Am I missing something?

I can't get this stuff to work. -.- I tried integrating the driver manually, it tells me "The file vmscsi.sys could not be found." ... I tried nLite, it failed already while copying the cd onto the hd. And i also tried various combinations of DriverPacks. Each with the same result - a bluescreen.

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF745F848,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000) INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE
:(

Ok, the bluescreen error seems to be some kind of problem with vmware. I tried the system on a SATA machine and it didn't bluescreen. But it still didn't work flawlessly:

Setup reported that it couldn't find setuporg.exe and presetup.cmd and after a bit of research i found this post http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=& … p;p=289474 where it was pointed out that there is a flaw in the logic as to how the dosnet.inf file is put together. And since it has been over 1.5 years since Bashrat's answer i was wondering if this bug has been properly fixed or not?!

With either only using textmode drivers or textmode drivers in combination with slipstreamed massstorage drivers the problem of those two missing lines in dosnet.inf is present:
d1,setuporg.exe
d1,presetup.cmd

Did you use nLite AFTER the DriverPacks? Because these entries ARE added to the dosnet.inf file, if not, you would have gotten a much larger amount of hits when you searched for it wink

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

i'm using a manually slipstreamed win2ksp4 cd with nothing else as base. then i slipstream the DriverPacks and nothing else afterwards.

the setuporg.exe and presetup.cmd entries are not present in my original cd. neither in txtsetup.sif nor in dosnet.inf. after slipstreaming your MassStorage DriverPack (either with or without textmode) the entries are present in txtsetup.sif but not in dosnet.inf.