Topic: [wontfix] Automatic other language files delete

Hi
A good feature will be to automatic delete other language files from drivers that i dont need. I do this manualy, i have left only my language files and english just in case, and i have saved many space on my cd, becouse this language files are quite big. For example by delete other language files .chm, .hlp and .dll from DriverPack Graphics A, before 65,9MB after 37,1MB smile I dont know is this can be done to automatic delete this files when i choose my language in DPs_BASE, but i think this will be good feature.

Last edited by grzesiek (2006-11-08 05:13:48)

Re: [wontfix] Automatic other language files delete

Great idea - I just did it to Graphics A my self and it saved a lot of space. Might have a look at which other DriverPacks I can cut down to let me add more to my install disc. Would be a nice feature.

really great idea
it will save a lot of free space on my Windows CD!!!

any change you could provide some quide lines for doing this?

This won't happen.

There's no uniform way drivers implement multiple languages, so no uniform way to delete them. I won't code it for each driver, that would be a pain to maintain.

In the future, you should be able to select what driver you want to use, including multilingual/English-only versions.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

It's sad that the vendors dosn't agree on a standard of how to make drivers so that somthin like this could be a pice of cake.

AJenbo wrote:

It's sad that the vendors dosn't agree on a standard of how to make drivers so that somthin like this could be a pice of cake.

A LOT of work would be a piece of cake if they did that.
Unfortunately, we're quite far from that... sad

I wonder if there is somting that could be done to make them aware of this issue, esily making a compleat drivere cd would mostlikly be benificial to them as well as us.

Beneficial to them, how?

I can see your point (customer satisfaction and all), but explain that to a marketing guy, and in a way so that he will understand it, too...
Impossible!

(almost...)

system manufactures would probably be more willing to buy a produt for there next line of computere if loading the driveres on to the restor cd was a brease and easy for the end user to use.