Topic: Problem with S-ATA drive and Promise 2300 Controller(RAID)

1 I start pc with the Win XP disk
2 Add driver for my controller with F6
3 All looks ok, i format drive etc, start install.
4 Windows copy files and restart.

The i get the message that Windows cant find the files, that is driver files for my controller. I can see that the floppy is beeing searched and i know the files is there. It worked at point 3, hehe. I then push escape and drop files since its only option(Many files inclusind drv files).

When win reboot and start windows up again i get blue screen error with this msg:
STOP: 0X0000007B (0XC0000034,0X00000000,0X00000000)

Well, that is where i stand, as u understand Windows cant find my disk when it boots up again after first secuence.

Any solutions for this? I've noticed many have this problem.

My main board is MSI MS-7025. I have all onboard controllers disabled(tried all options there 2) CPU is AMD 4600 X2 Socket 939. 3GB RAM, 2 Segate 320GB S-ATA2, Promise fasttrax 2300 S-STA2. Running RAID.

Rest i guess dont matter. Would be happy for any solutions.

Last edited by Tommen (2006-11-06 06:42:01)

Re: Problem with S-ATA drive and Promise 2300 Controller(RAID)

A lot of people are having the same problem with Mass Storage and the 7B problem.

it is NOT Bâshrat the Sneaky's fault, it's the crappy drivers the storage companies write.

Help is on the way, so sit down, drink a beer and be patient.

Re: Problem with S-ATA drive and Promise 2300 Controller(RAID)

BigBrit wrote:

A lot of people are having the same problem with Mass Storage and the 7B problem.

it is NOT Bâshrat the Sneaky's fault, it's the crappy drivers the storage companies write.

Help is on the way, so sit down, drink a beer and be patient.

Wil do wink

Just tested an original Win XP disk, that worked. But then again i hate all the stuff they put in. I rater have the FAST version, hehe.