Topic: KB888111 and KB921401

I hope that I'm not asking this in the wrong place, if so, please tell me where to find out.

Would someone please give instructions how to manually integrate these hotfixes into clean Windows XP sp2 install directory.

I know that Bâshrat the Sneaky has incorporated these into BASE, but I would like to "slipstream" them manually.  I know that part of the process requires creating a svcpack directory, but I'm at a loss for the rest of the process.

Thanks,
Erik

Re: KB888111 and KB921401

kbxxxxxx.exe /? will give you help.
To slipstream kb in your I386 : kbxxxxxx.exe /integrate:path_to_i386

I thought you had to extract the hotfix with the /x then run the update in the folder with the /integrate switch mentioned above, but, i could be wrong.

always remember.....
YCGIYWG (You Can't Get, If You Won't Give)
DizzyDen

Thanks guys!  This will work.

I just thought there must be some other way to integrate the hotfix.  I was looking at the log file from BASE and saw that it made changes to txtsetup.sif and dosnet.inf and also deleted and created a svcpack.inf file with comments that say to support KB888111 and KB921401.  I can duplicate these changes manually, but I did not want to miss anything.

I was kind of hoping to find out exactly what changes the BASE program made to the WinXP distribution to integrate these hotfixes.

Last edited by edenkers (2006-10-31 01:43:58)

edenkers wrote:

I just thought there must be some other way to integrate the hotfix.  I was looking at the log file from BASE and saw that it made changes to txtsetup.sif and dosnet.inf and also deleted and created a svcpack.inf file with comments that say to support KB888111 and KB921401.  I can duplicate these changes manually, but I did not want to miss anything.

I was kind of hoping to find out exactly what changes the BASE program made to the WinXP distribution to integrate these hotfixes.

So how about it Bâshrat the Sneaky,  would you shed some insight as to how you went about integrating these two hotfixes into the XP distribution folder?  Please!

Thanks,
Erik