Topic: [NOT APPROVED] Splash screen with counter

What about implementing a splashscreen as long as DP works, for not showing that boring empty background.
And also, a counter, to skip DP-Install while is running, could be nice (something like " if you do not want to install DP - push that button within 10 seconds").

Last edited by wixfigur (2006-09-26 01:01:58)

The magnificent master of the soldering-station

Re: [NOT APPROVED] Splash screen with counter

It's not for installing the DriverPacks. The DriverPacks are already slipstreamed and the included drivers will therefore already be installed. The DriverPacks Finisher only exists to finish the installation: apply the necessary changes if the requirements for exceptions are forfilled.

This implies that what you're asking is simply irrelevant. I'm sorry.

I'm still waiting for the web software for the online manual - which would have prevented the creation of this topic.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Hmmm - sorry, but Im not talking about the finisher.
2 Weeks ago I had a notebook to install, where I wished to skip DriverPacks, cause installation worked only without DP.
Anyway ---

I'm afraid I don't understand what you are exactly talking about. Would it be possible to post a screenshot?

Its just a suggestion, what to build in in the future. I see DP is going into more a GUI-thing, away from the DOS looks.

Thats what I mean: Maybe some people do not always want to install DriverPacks in every installation. So why not build in a short splashscreen at T39 stage, to decide if you want to have it, or not.
With a countdown, maybe 10 seconds, and then automatically installs DriverPacks.
Maybe like this:

http://home.mnet-online.de/wixfigur/dp.JPG

It should be easy to write it in Autoit. I can make it for you, if you like it. But only when Im back from vacancy, in 3 weeks.
By the way, I solved this Update-Installation Problem .

That makes your installation attended, i.e. the opposite of what we're trying to achieve, even though the countdown would allow to proceed the unattended installation. My suggestion is that you make a multibootdisc (use Windows XP PowerPacker to create it without the hassles of doing everything by hand) and include one installation with and one without the DriverPacks.

Plus, this would only work for method 2. Plus, the DriverPacks would already have been extracted, so no time is saved.