Topic: [SLVD] Sata Drivers to install XP for Gateway GM5478

I have a Gateway Gm5478 desktop which originally came with Vista.  I now want to install XP Pro on a new hard drive. I'm having a pita time trying to find drivers for the sata controller. I'm pretty sure it's has a G33 Express chipset and a 82801 i/o controller. I can get XP installed if I select IDE in the bios, but if I select AHCI or Raid I will get a bsod 0x0000007B later during the install. I've used the F6 option and tried a lot of drivers, some from the latest mass storage driver pack using files from the D\M\I, I2, I3 folders and putting them on a floppy (I picked those folders because of searching for 82801)
The Gateway support site is almost useless, they have some drivers for XP but they can only be installed if XP is already installed! But when I try to install these while in IDE mode I get an error that the computer does not meet the minimum requirements! Which is because I'm in IDE mode!!!

So I'm thought to use Nlite and add a lot of the mass storage drivers from the DP but there's a warning that including 64 bit drivers will cause the install to fail. So how do I tell which folders in the DP are 64 bits drivers?  Right now I'm hoping I get lucky and stumble into a driver that will work!  Also, should I use textmode or pnp mode?

thanks!

Re: [SLVD] Sata Drivers to install XP for Gateway GM5478

Have you tried using DriverPacks BASE to integrate dpms into your XP source?  If so, can you post your DPs_BASE.log?
Can you post your HWID list using the tool in my signature?

fredm54 wrote:

So how do I tell which folders in the DP are 64 bits drivers?

Easy, none!  We don't support XP-64 in fact we actively remove 64-bit drivers wherever possible.
We also actively discourage nlite.  Never use nlite for drivers and you'll be happy.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

The specs for the Intel G33 call for ICH9R mass storage controller. The gateway drivers have vista ahci drivers for the ich9r, but I didn't see any for XP.  The hardware id is PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2922&CC_0106 and can be found in I6 folder of the mass storage pack.

Thank You!!!

I could have saved myself a lot of aggravation had I come here first!   I used DP Base to slipstream the Mass Storage and Lan drivers for Windows XP. I used Nlite to make the ISO and to burn the CD. The installation went so well that I slipstreamed another using those 2 packs plus the graphics, sound, audio and chipset packs (10 total) and burned a dvd (because of the image size) and that installed perfectly!   Are there any leftover folders or files on the hard drive now that are no longer needed and can be deleted?

thanks again!!!

fredm54 wrote:

Are there any leftover folders or files on the hard drive now that are no longer needed and can be deleted?

No. DriverPacks Finisher cleans up after itself.  You could check the root of your c: drive if a residual \D\ folder exists (it should have been deleted by default).  Other than that, you're fine.
Welcome to the world of DriverPacks. smile

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!