Topic: Windows XP is VERY slow after clean installation with DriverPack

Hello guys,

I'm trying to make universal Windows XP installation disk. At first, I had included all your driverpacks, but I always ended up with at least 3 unrecognized devices at the end of installation. The installation itself also took so long as it wasn't worth it. I figured out it would be best to include just F6-SATA, Mass-Storage, LAN and WLAN drivers and download the rest of the drivers after installation completes from notebook-vendors website.

This solution worked perfectly on every notebook I installed until I came to Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Pro V3545. After installation the system was VERY slow: Windows startup hanged at Welcome screen and it took at least 3 minutes until you could see the desktop, then it started to load network components and you were waiting another 3 minutes until it completes. Furthemore installing any software on this was a nightmare - Winamp installation took 8 minutes to complete.. I tried to defragment the harddrive, disable most of the startup processes, but it didn't help (still it is a clean installation, so it shouldn't be SO slow, right?)

When I installed the notebook with the same DVD but without driverpack included (BIOS SATA compatibility set to enabled and then applying SATA Prepare utillity), everything was ok (startup took about 1 min). So I think there is a problem with the included driverpack SATA drivers on this particular notebook. What do you think?

The vendors original SATA driver, which works great, is: FTS_IntelMatrixStorageManagerDriverSATA_5501035_1004692

Thank you for replies

Re: Windows XP is VERY slow after clean installation with DriverPack

Please post your DPs_BASE.log, DPsFnshr.log and the HWID list from the target system please.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Re: Windows XP is VERY slow after clean installation with DriverPack

...no response means no support...

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!