Topic: BSOD with Windows 7....

Hi....

Firstly, let me say what a great job you guys do with the driverpacks....invaluable resource.

Anyway, I have been having trouble with the driverpacks now for ~9 months. I use Windows 7 x64 Enterprise with SP1 already included, and I apply the Windows 7 driverpacks using DISM. The list of driverpacks I have most recently attempted to apply is at the end of this post.

The problem I am having is that after applying the driverpacks, when I try to install Win7 (currently I am testing using a Win7 guest on VMware ESXi5) I keep getting a BSOD STOP 7B on the first reboot after the files are copied. When this happened initially, I found that leaving the Chipset pack out fixed the problem. Once I got it working by doing this, I just decided to wait and see if maybe a more recent release of Chipset would fix the problem. However, there have been a few more releases since this first occurred, and it is still happening. Worse still, now even if I leave Chipset out, it still happens. In this most recent attempt, I have also tried leaving out AMDfilter and MassStorage.....but it still happens.

Although I am primarily testing on a VMware guest, I have tried installing on actual hardware (various Dell desktops and laptops) all with the same result.

At this stage, there isn't much point in continuing....at this rate I'll end up eliminating all the driverpacks.

I'd be grateful for any help in resolving this.....if there is any other info I could provide that would help, please let me know.

Thanx in advance.

Chris Bradshaw.

DP_AMDfilter_wnt6-x64_1110.7z
DP_Audio_wnt6-x64_1111.7z
DP_CardReaders_wnt6-x64_11041.7z
DP_Chipset_wnt6-x64_1202.7z
DP_Gaming_wnt6-x64_812.7z
DP_Graphics_A_wnt6-x64_1111.7z
DP_Graphics_B_wnt6-x64_1112.7z
DP_Graphics_Mobile_wnt6-x64_1111.7z
DP_LAN_wnt6-x64_1112.7z
DP_MassStorage_wnt6-x64_1202.7z
DP_Misc_wnt6-x64_1202.7z
DP_Modem_wnt6-x64_1104.7z
DP_Monitors_wnt6-x64_911.7z
DP_Touchpad_Mouse_wnt6-x64_1110.7z
DP_Webcam_wnt6-x64_1103.7z
DP_WLAN_wnt6-x64_10071.7z

Re: BSOD with Windows 7....

Well, two of those you can exclude right away.  These are "ancient" and obsolete:
DP_Gaming_wnt6-x64_812.7z
DP_Monitors_wnt6-x64_911.7z

Also DriverPack WLAN has a replacement and is up to v11.04 (I'm working on a newer build).
DP_WLAN_wnt6-x64_10071.7z

What I do on my own builds is only add DriverPack Chipset & dpms directly into the .wim file.  Then I add the rest with my SAD2 script.
But if you're intent on adding all available drivers into the .wim file then only add one or two DriverPacks at a time and test between sessions.  Once you narrow down which pack is causing the problem, let us know.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!