Topic: Editing a custom-made unattended install dvd...

A friend of mine gave me his custom-made dvd that included xp-pro and a good amount of other programs (the programs were available to be chosen from via a slick gui menu that popped during the first windows boot).

Is there a way for me to copy the current unattented setup that is on the dvd, and add the driverpacks to it in order to make my own dvd?

Re: Editing a custom-made unattended install dvd...

Yep.

Just copy the entire DVD to a directory on your hard disk and then slipstream the DriverPacks. Then create an ISO again and burn it to another DVD. That's it!

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

thanks, i'll give it a try. does anyone know how to make those gui's with a bootable xp install that comes up and installs the programs you choose automatically?

can I use nlite to make an iso that incorporates the gui menu and custom programs and settings currently on the dvd?

I used nlite to make an iso after I slipstreamed the driverpacks, but i'm pretty sure it didn't include the custom gui or the rest of the dvd files...

any ideas? or walkthroughs for this kind of thing if possible.

Thanks for all the help!

chewy wrote:

any ideas? or walkthroughs for this kind of thing if possible.

Since it was cutom-made by your fried, we can only guess what he did exactly.

Best way would be to ask him about it I figure wink

In any case, this CANNOT be achieved with a vanilla nLite AFAIK, so have a look for another program (did you inspect your friend's DVD already for any clues as to what app he used?).

chewy wrote:

thanks, i'll give it a try. does anyone know how to make those gui's with a bootable xp install that comes up and installs the programs you choose automatically?

I am currently using WPI;

http://www.wpiw.net/

Seems very easy to use and figure out.

I started by using the WPI addons in the ryanvm forums but when I saw how easy it is to use, I've installed over 75 programs in WPI and burn it to a DVD (4.3GB of programs!) and can use my utilities on any computer I happen to be using.

see:
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewforum.p … 2d232b9569

Hope this points you in the right direction chewy.

Cheers,

FlyingGleek