Topic: [SOLVED] Driver Documentation

ive been using driver pack a few time now,
i kind of came to the conclusion that this method takes a long time on older machines. (or systems with less ram).
so i wondered about trmming theme down a little bit, deleting certain drivers i dont ever come a-cross  like  intel chipsets (i only have nvida sis or via )  remove old vga drivers but not all because i sti have tnt-2 and ati-128-rage cards.  (*and goes on .........)

but what i do mis is a kind of list where de directory naming sceme is explained. 

and i think it would be so perfect if future versions of any packs  would contain a file with a directorie-listing.

for example

filename: directory.txt
drivertype: chipsets

N        Nividia
-1      Nfore 2 
-2      Nforce Pro 
-3      Nforce 4
-4      Nforce SLI 

V      VIA
-1     etc....

Last edited by -I- (2006-09-01 02:24:28)

disclaimer:
Any posts written by me or on my behalf comes strictly with no implicit warenty unless clearly stated otherwise.
Following any advise i might give, is done soly at one's own risk.
Never give away person-identifiable information about yourself unless you absolutely know for sure you can trust the person you give it to...

Re: [SOLVED] Driver Documentation

Since I'm not sure whether you have noticed this yet, I will just post a link to the Read-Me of the DriverPacks:

http://www.driverpacks.net/DriverPacks/ … hipset.htm

I know this is alphabetically listed by device names, not folders and paths, but you could enter than into an Excel chart and do the sorting criteria yourself.

I know it does involve some work on your behalf but for the time being gets you where you want.

Re: [SOLVED] Driver Documentation

i realy dont mind the work, but i hadn't seen this table before,  (shame on me).

thanks for pointing this out to me. -
now i can start deleting drivers im shure id never use.

disclaimer:
Any posts written by me or on my behalf comes strictly with no implicit warenty unless clearly stated otherwise.
Following any advise i might give, is done soly at one's own risk.
Never give away person-identifiable information about yourself unless you absolutely know for sure you can trust the person you give it to...