Topic: Help locating drivers

My buddy got a virus on his computer, a Toshiba Satellite L505-S5966, that prevented him from accessing his login profile. He set it up to have a password but the password he set it to doesn't work. He tried to find his system recovery disc to just start from scratch again but he couldn't find it. I told him that I have an OEM Windows XP Professional disc that I used to downgrade my computer, which I'm using right now, and after I got the drivers from Toshiba's website it worked just fine. So he gave me his laptop to do the same on his computer.

Windows XP installed just fine. So on my computer, I went to Toshiba's website to get the drivers for his computer. I probably had to download around 20 drivers for my laptop, but only 3 or 4 were available for his. I talked to Toshiba on the phone and they gave me a number to some other computer tech place in my area and they said to come here. Now the thing is that I have no idea which drivers I can use for his computer to get it working again (he has no sound, wireless/internet/, display isn't displaying the optimum resolution, etc.) so I'm hoping someone here will be able to tell me which ones I need. I tried looking around for myself, but I don't know if they will work for his computer or not.

I'd really appreciate the help so I can give him back his computer and have the rest of my workstation back lol

Re: Help locating drivers

I found that model and it's drivers here:

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais … 1073768663

These seem to be a complete suite of manufacturer's drivers for the L505-S5966.

If it were ME, I'd use the DriverPacks because they always contain the latest drivers for the hardware, so even if these work (and I'm positive they will), you might get even better results by integrating DriverPacks into your XP setup disk. Of course, that's an entirely different challenge than merely locating drivers for a specific laptop, and Toshiba does make it easier than many.

Look into nLite and other tools for integrating drivers and updates into your XP setup media so you can hit the ground running with EVERYTHING you need.

Best wishes from another Clean Install warrior in Atlanta, GA.

Mark Strelecki

Yes, that's where I went to get his drivers for XP. When I select the operating system as XP and look for driver, only four show up. That's what I was talking about because there's also Window's 7 stuff on that.

Moved to "other".
This is a DriverPacks support forum.  It's acceptable to ask for help AFTER using DriverPacks.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!